So.. Some Youths thought I was homeless.

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
ian
Null Dream Team

So.. Some Youths thought I was homeless.

Post by ian »

I was just a guy thinking about shit in the park.. Needless to say I didn't take an attack very well.
After the initial attack where my face got lightly bottled (or glassed if you prefer) I flipped the shit out.
Seriously.. What the fuck is wrong with teenagers these days?!?!?!? I mean really? you call that a bottling? Back in my day, if you wanted to stab someone with a bottle, They'd know about it.
A lone, overweight, Almost middle aged man fighting back against 3 should have been no threat.. But they all ran off.. :olol:

I guess they knew not to fuck with crazy :rofl: .. After I forced the bottle from one of them I showed them how to do it properly... On my own face where one had previously tried to cut me. I turned the marks and a little bit of blood into a proper cut.
I've never seen ANYONE so freaked out in my life.. :rofl:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: So.. Some Youths thought I was homeless.

Post by Big Boss Man »

:shock: That's not cool, at all, that some kids tried to glass you. Did you catch what they looked like?, I'd actually report them to the cops because they could have seriously hurt you. I know you dealt with them your own way, but still, that was an unwarranted attack & they should face consequences for their actions. Who knows they could have tried to glass a older man/lady. I assume they tried to mug you too, or threatened you for money etc?.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Wut

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You should have glassed them instead.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Big Boss Man wrote::shock: That's not cool, at all, that some kids tried to glass you. Did you catch what they looked like?, I'd actually report them to the cops because they could have seriously hurt you. I know you dealt with them your own way, but still, that was an unwarranted attack & they should face consequences for their actions. Who knows they could have tried to glass a older man/lady. I assume they tried to mug you too, or threatened you for money etc?.
I had nothing to take.. I literally had 3 ciders, a pack of smokes and $1.50 change. I'd die before I'd let them have any of that. My glasses were scratched and took most of the cuts away from my face, so I ditched them.
Face has healed well from the initial attack. No idea what they looked like aside from hair colour and they all had black clothes. (teenagers all look the same)
They all ran off really fast in 2 different directions pretty much when I grabbed the bottle from one.

After the first strike, I grabbed one's hand, took the bottle and hip and shouldered him off me, elbowed the second off to my side, Then demonstrated how to properly glass someone, and then as they fled I hit the last one in the back of the head and they were gone.
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Were there any witnesses?, but again, I'd imagine it's likely most people don't want to get involved nowadays if there was any. I wonder if you go back to the park if they'll turn up again. Just goes to prove, if you were homeless they'd try and take even the smallest amount of belongings. Not sure if there's any other homeless folks in the park but if you manage to strike up a conversation or brief chat with any of them they might have had to deal with similar experiences. Which again, unfortunately no one would really care and I find that extremely wrong because I think people seem to forgot that just because somebody lives rough & doesn't have a home it makes them sub human. Going off topic, but why homelessness actually exists in the 21st century is an absolute disgrace. In the 18th century I can see it, even the 19th century, but in supposed civilized times will live in, no one should be without a home.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Big Boss Man wrote:Were there any witnesses?, but again, I'd imagine it's likely most people don't want to get involved nowadays if there was any. I wonder if you go back to the park if they'll turn up again. Just goes to prove, if you were homeless they'd try and take even the smallest amount of belongings. Not sure if there's any other homeless folks in the park but if you manage to strike up a conversation or brief chat with any of them they might have had to deal with similar experiences. Which again, unfortunately no one would really care and I find that extremely wrong because I think people seem to forgot that just because somebody lives rough & doesn't have a home it makes them sub human. Going off topic, but why homelessness actually exists in the 21st century is an absolute disgrace. In the 18th century I can see it, even the 19th century, but in supposed civilized times will live in, no one should be without a home.
No one's around at that time in the morning, poorly lit, off a main road no CCTV. no real homeless staying around here, they all tend to go to the city (where there's shelter, lights, lots of people, food and spare change)

You can pick the genuine homeless people pretty easy, if they ask for money to buy a drink or a meal, offer to buy them a meal and have a talk.. If they are homeless, they will be surprised and accept. If they start verbally abusing you, they want the money for drugs.
Also, the real ones don't want to look at you because they are genuinely ashamed of the situation.

I'll spend $15 on maccas meal or a supermarket trip before I'll give 50 cents to a crack head.
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, there's a huge divide between those who are homeless through no fault of their own (they can't keep up the payments on their home etc, they lose their job etc) and those who get strung out on drugs and lose everything & become homeless. I maybe in the minority, but I think those who are homeless because of drug addiction/alcoholism deserve to be helped too because it's usually a reason why they get hooked on drugs etc. so they need the necessary help to get themselves clean & try and break the cycle. You hear/read about folks committing crimes if they are homeless just to get put in jail and resorting to crime just to find somewhere to sleep & detox is wrong. There should be much more done & yea it's a never ending cycle that even if they do find the necessary funding to help but I don't think there's any harm in trying to get the homeless of the streets & finding them places to stay. Depending on the location there might be abandoned buildings just laying dormant or whatever, so why not let the homeless sleep there?. It's mind boggling that in 2017 you could walk into almost every town/city in the world and find homeless folks living there. I mean, you do get folks who don't want to be helped and just want to get high. But the key there is to find the root of the cause. But I don't think they would want to waste their resources helping the homeless. It's a gigantic vicious circle and it's unfortunately I think something which would take billions to fix. I read/heard that the total number of homeless folks has gone up and that's a sad statistic. When there's so much surplus food thrown away and stuff, something could easily be done to start fixing the problem. But again the person themselves have to be the one who wants to be helped. So it's another vicious circle which has to be broken. I wonder in say 100 years time if things will get any better, unfortunately I just see the problem(s) getting worse and nothing being done.