Remember when there were people opening Ebay stores?

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Remember when there were people opening Ebay stores?

Post by Calavera »

Physical locations, "we sell your stuff on Ebay" I can't believe people would actually take their stuff to a store and have them sell it. It sounds like easy money for the owners, sell on Ebay keep 30 percent. I imagine their was tons of complaints of items not selling fast enough or not selling for high enough because the customers had no idea how Ebay worked. That and customers bringing in plain old junk.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Remember when there were people opening Ebay stores?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I don't remember it.

It would be easier just to open a second hand store and sell that stuff on ebay.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

We still have one in town. I think the name of it is U Sold It.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I remember pissing a guy off at one. He majorly screwed up selling two Saturn by miss spelling the titles. He tried to recoup the money by inflating the shipping to 30 per game saying that UPS charges a lot. Well I noticed his location was less than 30 miles away so I just did Local Pickup and he still tried to charge me extra.

He actually handed me the games and then said "Ohhh that will be 40 for local pick up" and I just told him the page said it was free and left really quickly.

He must have been new to Ebay because all he had to do edit the Auction titles.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:We still have one in town. I think the name of it is U Sold It.
I can't imagine why anyone would actually use that, but if it is still open then enough people must be that dumb. You'd probably only get 50 percent of what the item sold for at best. You have Ebay and Paypal take around 12 percent of the sale, then I'd imagine the store would take at least 30 percent. Half of the money gone all because they "don't know how to fool around with that ebay stuff." :rofl: