Is ther a D Cell battery mod for the Dreamcast?

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Is ther a D Cell battery mod for the Dreamcast?

Post by Calavera »

Just like that title tells ye, I'm lookin to see if there is some kind of homebrew modulator that allows the Dreamcast to run off of 8-10 D size battrees? That Doller Genral store is selling D batteries for a discounted bargain. I spent $100 and got 2,000 D battrees. It wuz 2 good a bargain to pass up my niggas. So now I'ma try to run everthing I own off them D battiers,

Also need to run some guitar heroes off a turdy gurdy. Which roughly translates into a 12v interlock pinchion meckanizzim. Rack and pinion lever and pulley, some shit goes back to like the year 4 or some shit. Likes 80 was da snorks and 90s was the tiny toons. 2000s might have been da spongebob squarepant or a catdog.

Next question "Can make charger for portable teleophones out of bank of D battires?" Charge an androidy or an appy phone from a D battknees would be good for the business market of the human market.

I heard someone say that ole Voyager staceship bullshit or whateva, dat one which got the golden record. Dat it running on a form of D battiers to this day from the 1970s so some shit. So I figure 2000 ds I'm set for life. I just convert dat shit somehow. I'm racking ma brain on to run ma flatscreen and desktop computy and monitor offa d batteries for a tleast 3 years.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Is ther a D Cell battery mod for the Dreamcast?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yes.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

No

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I ended up found way to run most everything off d battys short time aftah I posted dat post.
I yam almost 6 month in on be off da grid and on the D battery diet. I've used roughly 750 D batteries so far. So I still got 1,250 to go. So I'm good fo while. Even moe so if I turn down so of my applicatiances like ma vaccuum and ma toaster pizza fair. Any who jast wunted to updayt

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Do you have a tutorial for those of us who might want to run our DCs off D batteries? Also, is there a way to lower it from 8-10 lantern batteries? That's all I have.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yes.