Segagaga translation

There's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up if anybody wants to watch

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Brian Kuh

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Segagaga translation

Post by Calavera » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 pm

There is a thread on DCemulation with the first post being from August 2006 about some people working on a Segagaga translation. It is now 11 years later and still nothing. Not a demo, no footage showing any kind of progress. Nothing! Every few years they seem to post an update that goes something like "Yes we are still working on the translation! Real life has just been getting in the way and it is hard for everyone's schedule to line up" Sure I understand that but 11 years?! Mother 3 came out in 2006 and had a fan translation by 2008.

I admit I have no idea what is involved with translating a game, but isn't 11 years with nothing to show a bit much?

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Segagaga translation

Post by melancholy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Comparing it to the Mother 3 translation isn’t really fair since it had a much, much larger fan base and was being completed by one guy that works in the localization industry. He knew exactly how to get the job done, and even if he needed someone for help, there were hundreds of people willing to jump in.

Segagaga would be cool to see someday, but it’s not well known and the more years pass, the less people are interested in the project. I myself forgot all about it until just now.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Re: Segagaga translation

Post by Roofus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm

When will the DreamSNES translation be finished?