Dreamcast memories

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Dreamcast memories

Post by Calavera »

I didn't think this was important enough to go in the main forum so here it is in null. Back around 2008-2009 I smoked a lot of weed. Almost all day everyday! Me and my friends mainly did this out in my barn. Well just sitting around getting high and doing nothing would get boring. I had a TV out there so I hooked up the old Dreamcast as I had a ton of games for it then. You may think we played alot of fighting games like Power Stone or Soul Calibur, but you would be wrong. The main game we played, and we must have played it almost every damn day for a month or more was......

Thats right Q*bert. I can guarantee I've got more hours on DC Q*bert then every member here and on Dcemulation combined. We only every played the original arcade mode. When we first started out we would be losing on Level 1 or 2. Then we'd make it further, get the point were we could get to level 6 or 7 without losing. Q*bert has 9 levels total then it starts back over at Level 1. By the end we could get to the level 9 every time and just keep looping through until we got tired of playing. Looking back I should have went for the worlds high score! :olol:

I've played the arcade version recently, which as far as I know is the same as the DC version and I can't get very far. You have to use it or lose it and it seems I've lost my expert Q*bert skills.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Dreamcast memories

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I used to have a handheld version of Q*Bert.

It was good fun. Never played the DC version though.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I watched someone speedrun the NES version and that got nuts. How the hell do you keep track of the cycling colors in the late levels?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cheech and Chong meet Q-Bert is a missed opportunity...it could be the stoners Who Framed Roger Rabbit!!!...wait I'll pitch it to Netflix

Boo!!! They passed for another Adam Sandler movie where Rob Schneider dresses up as Q-Ber...wait they stole my idea!!!!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:I watched someone speedrun the NES version and that got nuts. How the hell do you keep track of the cycling colors in the late levels?
I never had a problem with the, the hardest part of the game for me is those green assholes that drop down and undo all of your work. Some levels have way too many of those guys, they come down one after another. Second hardest part is the guys who go around on the wrong side of the blocks.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Big Boss Man wrote:Cheech and Chong meet Q-Bert is a missed opportunity...it could be the stoners Who Framed Roger Rabbit!!!...wait I'll pitch it to Netflix
Yo man, how am I playing man?

I think you game overed dude.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yo brudda, yo played dat ish so much you travelled back in tizzy time ta 1998 or dat Mary Jane got some magical powers

Time travelling Dreamcast, press the VMS to travel anywhere in time!! Get Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg to remake Back in Time and were on a winner

I'm going to buy shares in Apple!!!

I might get to meet The Beatles!!!