Does a dual analog Dreamcast controller exist?

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Does a dual analog Dreamcast controller exist?

Post by Roofus »

Does a dual analog Dreamcast controller made by some 3rd party company exist? I've seen a youtube video where somebody modded a 3rd party Dreamcast controller to have a 2nd analog that used the face button inputs and then removed the face buttons, leaving only Z, C, Start and the triggers. But I was hoping I could find one that was actually made in a factory.

If they don't exist, I guess I'll just get a DC keyboard and mouse. I mainly want this type of controller for FPS games obviously.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Does a dual analog Dreamcast controller exist?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

As far as I known there aren't any. :osmile:

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

No dumbass they don't and Yeah you could have kind've found that out quickly with Google.

I hope you are sorry for this useless topic

I guess your dumbass should have took two seconds to look this up before posting it. Even if it did exist haven't you got the brain cells to realize that games would have to be programmed to support it. Also Doom is overrated and sucks!

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

The Dreamcast hardware does support it, but I don't know of one that was created, unless you count the Japanese Dreamcast Twin Stick that was released for Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram, but it isn't supported by any FPS games anyway.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

Yes, I know all about Bleem R.I.P. and all, but I was wondering if he may still have some left. Also, I remember there was a lot of talk about releasing the source & tools to convert other PSX like Bleem! did. I remember that it wasn't going to be given away, but I wanted to find out how much it would cost to obtain the Bleem! "SDK." I think that there are still way too many games on the PSX that should come out on the DC a la the Bleem! method.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Roofus wrote:Yes, I know all about Bleem R.I.P. and all, but I was wondering if he may still have some left. Also, I remember there was a lot of talk about releasing the source & tools to convert other PSX like Bleem! did. I remember that it wasn't going to be given away, but I wanted to find out how much it would cost to obtain the Bleem! "SDK." I think that there are still way too many games on the PSX that should come out on the DC a la the Bleem! method.
Purchase a Bleem! "SDK" eh Steven? Now that is using the old noodle! We just get ole Randy boy to sell them to us! Since Bleem! is out of business you can probably get one for around $11. So rock on Dreamcast brother! I look forward to the results. Because like you said there are way too many games that should run on the DC a la the Bleem! method.