Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

There's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up if anybody wants to watch

Post by Roofus »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: There's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up if anybody wants to watch

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Only 10 hours? I was hoping for a 1000 hour version.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I do want to watch the potential dk kill screen!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I just found a reference to this in the oddest of places. An episode of My Name is Earl.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I finally watched King of Kong about a week ago. I have been watching all of Karl Jobst's Billy Mitchell videos and thought I'd finally check it out. Wow Billy is such a crybaby douchebag. First they disqualify Steve Wiebe for bullshit reasons. Then he shows up plays on their machine and gets the high score and all of a sudden Billy has this magic tape with a higher score that gets verified instantly.

The craziest thing about the whole Twin Galaxy fiasco to me is Todd Rogers. Most of his scores were absurdly fake. How were they ever allowed? For instance on games where the score can only end in a 5 or 0 he would have something like 12,343.

His score for Fathom (Atari 2600) was 1,110,500 and it is estimated that it would take 325 hours to get a score that high!

Another amazing score is Centipede for the Atari 5200. He somehow got exactly 65,000,000 while second place is 58,078! LOL

Another part of the Todd Rogers story that makes it insane is that most of the games he lied about having the high score on are shitty games that nobody even cares about. Such as "Slot Machine" for the Atari 2600 which he claims a score of $9,999.00. Second place is nothing because nobody cares about an Atari 2600 slot machine!

His most popular record is of course Dragster on the Atari 2600 where he claims a 5.51 even though it has been determined that 5.57 is the fastest possible. Even if he did somehow break the game and get a 5.51 I say who cares? There are so many impressive speedruns out there nowadays that nobody really gives a shit about a high score on some ancient ass Atari game. Todd and Billy seem to think it is still 1983 and that having a highscore on Pac-Man is totally bad ass man!

Atleast with Billy he is actually good at Pac-Man and Donkey Kong and their are videos of him playing it. With Todd there seems to be ZERO videos of him getting any kind of impressive score. It is amazing to me that these two were somewhat popular in the gaming scene for so long. There are so many speedrunners nowadays that blow anyway anything old man Mitchell and Todd Togers have done.

It is just insane that so much of their lives have revolved around ancient video games from the early 1980s. You know what is more impressive than a Pac-Man and Donkey Kong high score? How about getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 in 1 hour 37 minutes! Billy and Todd probably couldn't even understand how to play such a modern game. Anything made after 1984 is just too complicated. lol

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Even sadder than Billy Mitchell and his only having one thing in his life is Karl Jobst.
He makes videos about how much Billy Mitchell sucks. And a lot of videos.
About things people have known for like 20 years.
Constantly...

It's like, dude shut the fuck up and play some games for Christ sake, he is more pathetic than even Billy Mitchell.

The king of Kong was one of the very very few movies of that era I actually saw in a cinema. I see fuck all movies, so if I watch one at a cinema you know it's gotta be good to get me out of the house!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:05 am Even sadder than Billy Mitchell and his only having one thing in his life is Karl Jobst.
He makes videos about how much Billy Mitchell sucks. And a lot of videos.
About things people have known for like 20 years.
Constantly...

It's like, dude shut the fuck up and play some games for Christ sake, he is more pathetic than even Billy Mitchell.
Since you made that post Karl Jobst has uploaded FIVE more videos about Billy. Videos about Billy is his main source of income at this point. His latest video is ridiculous. He titled it "Billy Mitchell Lost His Lawsuit" which isn't true. The case was settled before going to trial. Twin Galaxies agreed to reinstate Billy's records on the archive version of the leader board but not on the current one. For Billy this is a win. He can now say "See I told you I didn't cheat! If I had cheated then why would they reinstate my records!" By Karl's logic you could also say that Twin Galaxies lost the lawsuit.

He goes on to say Billy isn't out of the woods yet because Karl is Billy's "final boss", what a silly fool. At this point I really don't think Karl is going to win the lawsuit with Billy. I can't remember what all the case is about but part of it was slander and disinformation and despite that he still uploads Billy lost his lawsuit even though that is 100 percent not true.

I feel I should make it clear that I'm not on Billy's side and think he is a major douchebag. It is also VERY obvious he used MAME for his Donkey Kong run. I'm not on Billy's side but I'm starting to find Karl to be pretty annoying. His channel is nothing but a Billy Mitchell drama channel. Karl is probably the biggest thing keeping Billy relevant atm.

*edit it seems I forgot a major thing in Billy's lawsuit against Karl. It is because Karl said that Billy was responsible for Apollolegend committing suicide. Apparently even Apollo's family and people who were close with him have said that Billy had nothing to do with it. Wow I totally forgot about that, I thought it was just from Karl saying Billy cheated. Yeah Karl doesn't have a chance of winning.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Say what you will about Karl, Billy Mitchell is (and has always been) a piece of shit and people need to stop paying attention to him

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Skynet wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:06 pm Say what you will about Karl, Billy Mitchell is (and has always been) a piece of shit and people need to stop paying attention to him
I agree with you 100 percent! Karl is the reason many people even know about him. I hadn't heard about Billy Mitchell for many years until Karl starting talking about him. Karl is probably the main thing keeping Billy somewhat well known.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Calavera wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:04 pm
Skynet wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:06 pm Say what you will about Karl, Billy Mitchell is (and has always been) a piece of shit and people need to stop paying attention to him
I agree with you 100 percent! Karl is the reason many people even know about him. I hadn't heard about Billy Mitchell for many years until Karl starting talking about him. Karl is probably the main thing keeping Billy somewhat well known.
People just need to stop paying attention to shit people, period :olol: