I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

New to overclocking plz help!

Post by Calavera »

Here are my stock stats, a i5-3570k 3.4ghz

There is a menu in bios called "OC Tweaker" so I figured that is where I need to go. There are so many options!
Through some research I found that something called "CPU Ratio" and "BCLK" will increase the ghz when the numbers are changed.
The highest ratio I can put in is 63 and the highest BCLK is 150 so I set both of them to that and it shows what the overclocked
speed will be.

After changing the setting my PC wouldn't even boot! I had to pay $100 to the local computer shop for them to do something called
"a clear cmos" it now boots but is back to stock speeds. I want to change the settings but don't want to have to have my PC repaired
again. Any idea why it didn't boot? I did some more reasearch and found some people say that if it don't work at higher speed that
you need more voltage. There is an option for voltage in the oc tweaker. Should I turn the voltage up as high as it goes? People say if
you turn up the volts the chips get hotter but I've got a big fan so I shouldn't have to worry about that. There is an option for Turbo Voltage
and just regular voltage? Should I max them both out? Will that allow me to boot at 9.45ghz? I'm excited to almost triple the speed of my
CPU so I can run things like N64 emulators,BeamNG drive and Monkey Island Special edition at super full speeds!

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: New to overclocking plz help!

Post by ian »

:rofl2:

You find this on the net, or make it yourself?

Either way, brilliant stuff. :rofl2:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: New to overclocking plz help!

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:24 am :rofl2:

You find this on the net, or make it yourself?

Either way, brilliant stuff. :rofl2:
This is a complete custom Calacera