Post by Calavera » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 am

It's still up

http://www.tv.com/shows/youre-on/

How long ago was that! I must have did that around 15 years ago! :oshocked:

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Hey Roofus! And others who remember classic DCemu shanigans

Post by melancholy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:18 am

Wow. That was a different era when you made that.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 pm

melancholy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:18 am
Wow. That was a different era when you made that.
It is crazy to think how long we've been posting on DC Emulation then here on BG. I joined DC Emulation August 3rd 2002! Over 17 years ago. I still remember why I originally made an account. I had the idea to make a Sega Genesis "emulator" for the Sega CD. So you could put a CD full of Genesis roms in your Sega CD and have them somehow load into the Genesis. I thought it was a great idea and just had to post it. I would spend hours on the DC Emulation forums back then. I specifically remember that you could make a new post in Off-Topic and if it wasn't popular it would be on page 2 in a matter of hours. The forums were really hopping back then. Then as time went on it saw less and less activity. I had lots of fun with things like NesterDC back in the day. I had known about emulators on the PC for several years before then but with emulators on the Dreamcast I could actually play them on the TV and it was just like playing the original console!

I discovered DC Emulation like most people when I was searching for a Dreamcast emulator. At first I didn't even understand what the site was about. I wondered why they had NES and SNES emulators on a website called DC Emulation. Then I finally realized these were emulators that ran on the Dreamcast! I was amazed. The main emulators I recall using were NesterDC and a certain Sega Genesis emulator that DCEmu would never mention. :olol: I remember NesterDC running pretty much perfect. The Genesis one of course had bad sound but back then it was tolerable to be able to play Genesis games on the TV. I tried DreamSNES but it was too slow to ever really be playable. I never did figure out how to make a rom list so when I'd use DreamSNES the laser would go crazy reading the discs.

Once the original Xbox had emulators that were basically perfect and became easy to mod that was the end of the interest of emulating systems on the Dreamcast. In almost no time it has a nearly perfect Genesis 32xCD emulator and even an N64 emulator. Emulators that the Dreamcast could never do. Plus they looked amazing on my 32 inch CRT hooked up with component cables. Although I lost interest in emulators for the Dreamcast I still stayed on the forums. The forums weren't really about talking about DCemulation for me anyway. Off-topic and Null was my main forums.

So many memories. The stupid topics I would make about Knight Rider and Perfect Strangers. The time I found some abandoned forum and we all went there and messed around until the owner discovered we were there. Mark Discordia and Mega-Fonzies. Good times.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am

I am very dissapointed that Roofus didn't reply to this. :(

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Calavera wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 am
I am very dissapointed that Roofus didn't reply to this. :(
Hi there. :hi:
The time I found some abandoned forum and we all went there and messed around until the owner discovered we were there.
I remember that. It was you, me and a couple other people posting shit for a couple hours until the owner showed up and shut the place down. I still don't know how he found us. :olol: