Things you have forgotten about

News, politics, sports, personal topics, random crap etc. goes here.
User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Things you have forgotten about

Postby Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 am

Or maybe you haven't forgotten about, maybe just I have.

Image

Image



Wish I kept forgetting about that shitty song.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Bandit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:52 am

Ew. That song was huge. It even had a "response song" like it was a rap battle.


User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Big Boss Man » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Wasn't the "story" that Eamon and Frankee were dating, broke up and did those songs at each other.
Image

ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby ian » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:54 pm

I remember Nero, Burning Rome.. I mean ROM
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Bandit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Wasn't the "story" that Eamon and Frankee were dating, broke up and did those songs at each other.


She claimed she was to say the song was about her for attention. Eamon claimed he'd never met her. She was just a model some producer got to sing it to cash in.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:11 pm

stileproject.com

break.com

fark.com

digg.com

Topsite lists

The band Travis.




User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Bandit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 pm

lol Travis. Their record label really thought they were going to make them the first UK band since Oasis to be big in America. Instead that went to Coldplay, which was worse since at least Travis didn't appear to take themselves so seriously.

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Calavera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Candystand.com

Image
Image

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Roofus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Image


How to contact Rand

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Calavera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 pm

FlashFXP and original Xbox modding? I haven't forgotten about that at all! I've been modding about 1 xbox a year for the past 3 years! And when I went to do it about 3 years ago I think I did use FlashFXP as that is what I used back in the day, I soon learned FileZilla is a better FTP program. Even in 2017 I still FTP to the old Xbox every once in awhile.
Image

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Roofus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Calavera wrote:FlashFXP and original Xbox modding? I haven't forgotten about that at all! I've been modding about 1 xbox a year for the past 3 years! And when I went to do it about 3 years ago I think I did use FlashFXP as that is what I used back in the day, I soon learned FileZilla is a better FTP program. Even in 2017 I still FTP to the old Xbox every once in awhile.


I use Filezilla now and I use FTP to.move stuff to my Plex server.

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Calavera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Roofus wrote:
Calavera wrote:FlashFXP and original Xbox modding? I haven't forgotten about that at all! I've been modding about 1 xbox a year for the past 3 years! And when I went to do it about 3 years ago I think I did use FlashFXP as that is what I used back in the day, I soon learned FileZilla is a better FTP program. Even in 2017 I still FTP to the old Xbox every once in awhile.


I use Filezilla now and I use FTP to.move stuff to my Plex server.

We ain't so different you and I.
Image

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Dr. Zoidberg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm using Filezilla right now to back up the forums.

And I played the Xbox last weekend!

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Calavera » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:I'm using Filezilla right now to back up the forums.

And I played the Xbox last weekend!
Now this is good news, a back up so we won't have lost our usernames and posts. Also good news that you are playing such a classic console. Were you playing an actual Xbox game or using it for emulation?
Image

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Roofus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Calavera wrote:
Dr. Zoidberg wrote:I'm using Filezilla right now to back up the forums.

And I played the Xbox last weekend!
Now this is good news, a back up so we won't have lost our usernames and posts. Also good news that you are playing such a classic console. Were you playing an actual Xbox game or using it for emulation?


Now that is something that I forgot about, how we lost our usernames and posts.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Dr. Zoidberg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Calavera wrote:Now this is good news, a back up so we won't have lost our usernames and posts. Also good news that you are playing such a classic console. Were you playing an actual Xbox game or using it for emulation?

I was playing actual Xbox game discs, even though it is a modded system.

Iced Coffee Man
Global Mod
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Iced Coffee Man » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:16 am

I forgot about the time when Skynet left an iced coffee in his glove box for a whole weekend

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Skynet » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 am

Iced Coffee Man wrote:I forgot about the time when Skynet left an iced coffee in his glove box for a whole weekend

No you didn't

User avatar
Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Roofus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Back in the mid 90s (96 or 97) the thing all the cool kids were doing was setting up FTP servers on their computers, connecting to dialup all night and waiting for people to connect to you to upload and download stuff. This was a thing we did and I got cool stuff that way. Surprisingly, no viruses either.The server software we used was called Serv-U. It still exists and is $3000 :olol:

We also all put custom welcome messages on our servers and they all said something like "Welcome to Roofus's House of Warez! I'm on a 48 gigabit fiber optic connection. If your download speed is too slow it's because I'm downloading porn. Deal with it!"

Bullshit. It's 1996. You're on 28.8 dialup just like every other 14 year old.

User avatar
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:41 am

Re: Things you have forgotten about

Postby Calavera » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 am

Does anybody remember Plasticman's Emulation Zone?
Image


Return to “BG General Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest