The MLB/Baseball topic

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

The MLB/Baseball topic

Post by Big Boss Man »

Any other BGers watch Baseball. Watched a good Orioles/Red Sox game recently. Had some hilarious commentary at points too. We get quite a few games on each week on ESPN which are also other station broadcasts so sometimes they are from Fox Sports too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: The MLB Baseball topic

Post by Bandit »

I love baseball. I just don't talk about it because hbk72777 and Criff don't post anymore so I didn't think anybody else here liked it. Cricket is far more popular on BG. But I only see that when I go to the liquor store because the Indian guy who owns it always has the Indian Cricket league on his TV.

Yeah, the Sox and O's series was great outside of those piece of shit fans who used racial slurs to Adam Jones. The game tonight against the Nationals is probably rained out.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bryce Harper took a new deal with the Nationals.

Plus $500,000 if he's the NL batting champ.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I love baseball. I just don't talk about it because hbk72777 and Criff don't post anymore so I didn't think anybody else here liked it. Cricket is far more popular on BG. But I only see that when I go to the liquor store because the Indian guy who owns it always has the Indian Cricket league on his TV.
Yea I don't think baseball has too much of a following in the UK, unlike the NFL and NBA they don't have a game here. Found this which is quite interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23425907 There is surprisingly a British baseball league. ESPN UK shows like 2 games + a day when there's a game on from Fox Sports, ESPN, Root Sports etc. so hopefully it's popularity will improve. There's like rounders here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounders which is like a very simplified version of baseball, or more so softball.

Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Prophet][ »

I like baseball, got into it when I was in the states following the Nationals. We don't get alot of games shown here though, we get a couple of ESPN games a week but thats it. I'm not sure why they don't show more, the foxsports channels show nothing in the morning but replays so it would make sense to fill atleast a couple of the 7 Foxsports channels with MLB.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That's an embarrassing fight. Bryce wouldn't make it in MMA.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Slightly off topic but I'm a little pissed off about the Tap Sports Baseball I drafted Aaron Judge and he's disappeared from my team. He had like average stats and I upped his skill level but now he's vanished. I am assuming the game has him as a franchise player now but still. Give me some first round draft picks or something to compensate. I guess he took his talents to parts unknown!!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Definitely a top 5 greatest games ever

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Still have game 5 to watch but it sounds like its gonna be brilliant. The 7-6 game 2 was really good too

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I have OOTP 18 with historical stats but does anyone collect baseball stats etc. in a more readable format. I found a great website via Google with pages of results but would like to compile them by year so I can have them for reference etc. I think like a homemade alamanac if that's the right word. Thanks

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm not sure. I don't collect stats I just Google when I want to remember something. A lot of baseball almanacs were made up until this decade so you can probably find cheap ones on ebay.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK thanks. This is the website http://www.baseball-almanac.com seems really informative. Printed almanacs are a good idea too.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Baseball is back!, well it's been back a few days now. On one game Hank Azaria did guest commentary for an inning and was hilarious. He has a show on IFC I think where he plays an old MLB announcer but we don't get it here.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, it's a dark comedy about an extreme alcoholic baseball announcer who was fired for having an on air meltdown about his divorce trying to work his way back by announcing amateur league games.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks, he was kinda announcing in character during the inning instead of being just himself. Speaking of MLB announcers I think the ESPN ones are really good, Boone though of course is the new manager for the Yankees.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jon Miller and Joe Morgan on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball were the best national announce team. Both had perfect announcer voices, great chemistry, and knew everything you could possibly know about baseball. They were on 21 years and their last game actually made me a little sad.

But I'm biased so I say Orioles network announcers Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer are the G.O.A.T.'s.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

We sometimes get Fox affiliate, Root Sports etc like the local broadcasts of certain teams. Will have to check out the Os. They've mostly been showing the Marlins, Astros and Dodgers on ESPN UK.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

TMNT Baseball~!