Celebrity News Thread

News, politics, sports, personal topics, random crap etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Celebrity News Thread

Post by Big Boss Man » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Bandit wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:30 am
Big Boss Man wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 am
Tekashi likely to go into witness protection

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/ ... rotection/
"Hello, Mr. Thompson."
Apparently he's refusing to go into witness protection and wants to continue rapping

https://www.hot97.com/news/hot-97-now/t ... -cont-life

Snapchat making a docu series on him too

https://news.yahoo.com/snapchat-adds-8- ... 41412.html

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:07 am

Can someone explain why George W. Bush is supposedly better than Donald Trump? I do not understand people liking GWB. Or is Trump going to be okay after he leaves office too? Did we forget Iraq, crashing the economy, Katrina, fighting gay marriage, "faith based" funding, being far more anti-science than Trump, sweetheart deals for oil companies, etc. Trump is bad but (as of today, anyway) Bush was worse. Yet he's okay with a lot of people who hate Trump.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:37 am

Bandit wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:07 am
Can someone explain why George W. Bush is supposedly better than Donald Trump? I do not understand people liking GWB. Or is Trump going to be okay after he leaves office too? Did we forget Iraq, crashing the economy, Katrina, fighting gay marriage, "faith based" funding, being far more anti-science than Trump, sweetheart deals for oil companies, etc. Trump is bad but (as of today, anyway) Bush was worse. Yet he's okay with a lot of people who hate Trump.
I've known some pretty liberal people who think of GWB as a nice, "aww shucks" Texas cowboy rather than the neocon enabler he was. Maybe it's a form of cold conform for some to find some nostalgia in his presidency.

Most people remember George H.W. Bush as a nice moderate Republican. For as congenial as he was, Bush Sr. was also a huge sycophant that enabled the racist fringes of Republicans back in the 1960s, despite his own personal convictions. PBS did a really great documentary with its Presidents series showing how Bush Sr. compromised his integrity for party support back when was running for office in Texas. The same tendencies continued when he partnered with Reagan despite his "voodoo economics" remark during the 1980 election.

GWB fell into the same trap with goons like Rumsfeld and Cheney. Moral conservatives will just point to Bill Clinton signature on the Defense of Marriage Act to deflect attention from Bush. Liberal apologists will gladly take GWB's legacy at face value with his goofy, affable personality. I can't say whether GWB believed the BS he was shoveling, but they were rough years regardless.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:57 am

Yeah, the only thing I can think of is that these are people who base their politics on personality rather than policies. So Trump being confrontational and W. doing his Reagan "I'm just an everyday Joe" act is the only thing they're looking at. It can't be nostalgia because 2002-08 were awful. Not that 2019 is great by any means, but the Bush years of "let's drain the economy and kill people" were so self destructive for no reason.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 am

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:38 am

Bandit wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 am
Woof :(

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am

Ann Curry joining in to get her revenge.