Something odd I just thought of about the Sears near me closing

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Something odd I just thought of about the Sears near me closing

Post by Calavera »

The closest Sears near me is closing in about a week. It has been in town in atleast 3 different locations over the years that I know of. First it was in a shopping plaza. All the other stores in the plaza shutdown and it sat abandoned for many years before recently being tore down. Second it was in another smaller plaza type deal next to a bowling alley. Third and lastly it was in part of a Kroger's store that moved locations. The main part of that old Kroger's store is now a local indoor flea market. So it doesn't seem that they've been doing that great for many years, but that isn't what I find odd.

The local news interviewed the woman that owns the local Sears and she said her contract is up and she has decided to close the store. That is when I thought, but wait isn't Sears like a corporate type deal? Not a franchise that is just owned by random people. I just found that kind of odd since you wouldn't hear that the owner of a Wal-Mart or Target has decided to close up shop. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about but something like Sears isn't a franchise right?

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Re: Something odd I just thought of about the Sears near me closing

Post by Roofus »

Some chains do both franchises and corporate owned stores