What the hell is wrong with the USPS?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

What the hell is wrong with the USPS?

Post by Calavera »

I usually have little to no problems but the last couple items have been ridiculous. First one I was the sender. I sent it on the 26th and it was to arrive the 29th in Florida. First it leaves my town in Indiana and goes to the Cincinnati Distribution Center which it should. Then from Cincinnati it goes all the way north to the New York Center! :? Then from New York to Jersey City and then finally goes to Florida. :shock: So what was supposed to take 3 days ended up taking 6. I understand if there are weather problems, but I don't understand how a package goes 100s of miles in the wrong direction.

Now I'm waiting on a package that was supposed to arrive yesterday. It was shipped the 27th and shows that it arrived at the City of Industry,CA center. Anytime I order something from California it gets to Cincinnati around midnight on the third day then to my post office around 7am. Well this one shows on 28th "in transit to destination" at 9:55am, the 29th in transit at 9:55am, then you'll never guess what it said on the 30th. in transit at 9:55am. So whatever maybe it wasn't getting scanned for updates. Today I actually get a status update and it is this.
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS facility in NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 1, 2017 at 4:51 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
So it seems my package has went 1,500 miles south east from California instead of north east. How do packages go so far out of the way so often? :angryevil:

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: What the hell is wrong with the USPS?

Post by Calavera »

Update is has now departed North Houston Texas at 6:35pm. So it got to hang out in Houston for about 14 hours, probably got a chance to take in a lot of the sights.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Now it has departed Houston AGAIN at 9:08 pm

Now departed third time at 9:32pm!! :angryevil: :angryevil:

Now it has arrived at Houston 10:12pm

I don't even know what to say..... :dontknow"

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I think it may finally be delivered on Monday. Today it arrived in Indianapolis, from there it went to Cincinnati. Which is a waste to go that route but whatever. Think how much money the USPS wastes sending packages around unnecessarily like that. It has happen to packages of mine twice in the last month or so. So there are probably 1000s of packages doing this shit everyday. Wasting money flying them all around the country and wasting efficiency having those packages take up space on the planes and trucks that aren't necessary.

Are the British and Australian mail services as bad as the USPS?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They can be. There are a lot less states here, so usually you don't get something going to the wrong state.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Australia Post can be pretty shit sometimes though. There's no reason why a package should spend a week in Melbourne.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The British postal system can get bad, especially over the Christmas/Holiday period. Imagine this though a letter took 220 years to arrive!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... later.html

Some complaints about the mail service in the U.K.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... ys-deliver

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I ordered another package from the same place. Same service, shipped from the same place and everything. The first package I complained about was shipped November 27th with an estimated delivery of the 29th and arrived to me on December 4th. A full 7 days. This second package which for all intents is exactly the same as the first was shipped out on December 5th with an estimated delivery of the 9th and arrived to me today on the 8th!

It took less than 48 hours for me to get my package this time! :shock:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

The USPS just hates Americans...
I purchased some RC parts from tower hobbies on the 4th... 8 days (2 of them were the weekend, so really it only counts as 6 days) I'm pretty damn happy!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I was so impressed with the speed of shipment that I bought more parts. I expect they'll be here before next year as well
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.