How Amazon has revolutionised shopping in Australia.

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

How Amazon has revolutionised shopping in Australia.

Post by ian »

Before Amazon Australia, if you wanted a Seagate 8TB backup plus hard drive, you had to go to JB HIFI and pay $349 for one.
What a total rip off right? You have to drive like 5 minutes to a local store or be ripped off with $11 post.
Well amazon are here with the "Local retailer killer" price of: $349.. but with free shipping!!!
I CAN SEE WHY EVERYONE WAS SO EXCITED!!! THEY WILL DESTROY EVERYONE!!!!!111!!!OMG!!!1!!!!!!111!!!

Now lets go and get that same hard drive from amazon.com... Hmm.. $179.. Yeah but that's USD.. by the time you convert to AUD and pay to have the item shipped half way across the world surely it's hardly worth buying from amazon ameri.... $263 AUD at your doorstep..
TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE FUCKING DOLLARS???

no wonder local retailers were worried about online sales.. they ream us $86 (goods and services tax, fuck you australia tax and nice beaches tax I'm guessing)
and now amazon has joined in the fucking us over as well. :olol:

So all Amazon Australia has accomplished is showing how much better REAL Amazon is than ANYONE local.. even amazon.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: How Amazon has revolutionised shopping in Australia.

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The launch was a bit of a fizzer. There are some decent gaming bargains on there though, and long term it should be good.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

The Switch pricing is good at $399. I got that on a 1 day special from JB.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It is good, especially with free delivery. Hopefully it stays at that price.

New games like FIFA 18, AssCreed Origins, COD WW2 are a fair bit cheaper than other places as well.