NFL Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: NFL Pre-Season Thread

Post by Bandit »

I'm not anti-Kaepernick, he can do what he wants when the national anthem plays. But this is funny.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rumors are the Bills have given Rex Ryan 2 games to turn the team around or he'll be fired.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Thank God the Ravens came back. I couldn't handle them losing to the Brown's.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Adrian Peterson tore his MCL. Poor guy can't catch a break.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote:Adrian Peterson tore his MCL. Poor guy can't catch a break.
But maybe the team caught a break? Sorry to say it, especially because I'm a fan. The o-line is non-existent at this point and he's getting mauled out there. We have two serviceable RBs (Asiata, McKinnon) who might be able to ease pressure in the box.

But then we have to rely on Sam Bradford. At this point, I'm cautiously optimistic, but our new QB could go sour quick. :dontknow"

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Then I think I speak for all Ravens fans and their front office when I say let's do a trade for Justin Forsett next season! We'll take gimpy legged AP! :lol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

#1 in the AFC North~! Thank you for owning the Steelers today, Eagles.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

27 other teams wish they had Baltimore’s record, I’m not sure 27 other teams wish they had Baltimore’s team. Being 3-0 is great, but the Ravens have managed to achieve their perfect record while racking up about as few style points as possible.
They also said this during Super Bowls 35 and 47, so they can eat a dick.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Why can't we ever give England a good football game when the NFL is over there?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote:Why can't we ever give England a good football game when the NFL is over there?
Because the good teams don't want to give up a home game. I really wish NFL Europe would have worked out, but it was about 20 years too early. If it had launched today, it might have gained some traction.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The NFL was huge over here in the 80s when Channel 4 aired it. This was the Era of the Fridge et AL. I think then would have been the right time for NFL Europe to launch since the interest was there. I mean once it went to Sky Sports the diehards stuck around but the market isn't what it used to be. Although I'd say the NFL is more popular than the NBA, NHL and MLB here. Again it got highlight shows on Channel 4 and once it went to Sky you've removed a mass proportion of your fanbase. Although it was the golden era of Shaq, MJ, Rodman, Pippen et AL so that would have been a ratings draw.
But back to the NFL i think it's best era really for the UK audience was the 80s as you had the marquee big name players whilst if you asked 100 who Beckham was they'd think of the guy who played for Man Utd and married a Spice Girl. Maybe if they reactivated NFL Europe it might work but it's all down to star power and charisma, they need somebody who the fans can root for and most NFL fans myself included would rather watch the proper NFL. So I think the best bet for the NFL to gain more popularity here is to make it more accessible, like getting folks to understand the rules as most don't tune in because they don't understand what's going on. I also think there is an attitude that Rugby is tougher because they play with no pads but those who say that haven't seen a NFL match and the hard hits players take which would hurt more. Plus England is predominately soccer obsessed so I don't think that will ever change. But personally I find NFL and NBA games more exciting than soccer which can be fun but I've seen so many drab 0-0 matches over the years and the national team continually failing on the big stage it gets tedious at times so its better to watch sports which are entertaining.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cam Newton has heat with former WWE/WCW Diva Stacy Keibler and her husband

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/10/06/st ... it-mansion

In more NFL trashing mansion news Johnny Manziel is in hot water too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rties.html

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

What a wanker.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Now they have two teams who suck.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The Raiders are moving to Las Vegas.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -las-vegas

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's good for business. The Las Vegas Outlaws were the only XFL team that made good money because they always had sell outs at every game since Nevada has wanted another team besides the UNLV Rebels. Now they have an NFL and NHL team. They probably won't get a MLB team because nobody wants to play baseball when it's 117 degrees all August. But it's good they dropped the gambling excuse, which was stupid because all sports are bet on no matter where they're played. Americans are betting on the English Premier League.

But I do feel bad for the Oakland fans. They were diehard supporters during a decade-plus of some awful years. So now that the Raiders look like they could make it to the playoffs, it sucks for them that they're leaving. And now they have to choose between the Chargers (who they hate) and the Rams (who sucks balls.) Poor bastards.