NFL Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: NFL Pre-Season Thread

Post by Big Boss Man »

I think the big decision behind the relocation to LV was that Davis couldn't get a new stadium built in Oakland. The only time a team has relocated in British football is when Wimbledon a London team moved to Milton Keynes to be the MK Dons. The Wimbledon fans justifiably balked at this so a new club AFC Wimbledon was made. I don't know if NFL teams keep the teams histories when they relocate since the Raiders have won the Super Bowl so say they become the Las Vegas Gamblers or whomever do they still have the history or do they start anew?. IIRC the MK Dons claimed the clubs history then dropped it in 2007 to be essentially a new club. When in actuality they won the FA Cup in 1988 when they were Wimbledon FC. But back to the NFL when the Browns relocated to Baltimore they didn't keep the Cleveland Browns name and history and Baltimore were an expansion franchise. So a few years later a new Cleveland Browns came back into the NFL. So I guess if the folks in Oakland make a big deal over the move which they have every right to do does the NFL treat the new Vegas based team as an expansion franchise and a new Oakland Raiders rejoin the NFL at a later date?. I think if a Premiership team moved here all hell would break lose say it was a team which had a big loyal fanbase.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't know if NFL teams keep the teams histories when they relocate since the Raiders have won the Super Bowl so say they become the Las Vegas Gamblers or whomever do they still have the history or do they start anew?
They do. Although the Ravens gave it back to the Browns when they started back up. The Raiders switched cities before (from Oakland to Los Angeles back to Oakland) and kept it.
So I guess if the folks in Oakland make a big deal over the move which they have every right to do does the NFL treat the new Vegas based team as an expansion franchise and a new Oakland Raiders rejoin the NFL at a later date?
The Davis family would keep the Raiders legacy. A new team in Oakland would start fresh. And if they did and played the Las Vegas Raiders in Oakland it would be anarchy since Oakland Raiders fans were the wildest fans in the NFL (although the Philadelphia Eagles fans are the most violent.)

Bill Eadie the hardest hit.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I legit lol'd at the Bill Eddie reference :lol: Thanks. I watched the Straight Outta LA 30 for 30 when it first aired which talks about the Raiders moving from Oakland to LA then back again. Also they are one of the best known teams here. I assume the Colts history moved to Indianapolis.

And yea since the Davis family are owners of the Raiders it's fair they keep their history. But say the Ferritas bought them I think the Oakland fans and of course the Davis family would want to keep the history and I think the NFL would agree because of Al Davis. I read/heard about the Raiders fans before. I think you've said that before about the Eagles fans, I'd imagine if there wasn't the Steelers/Ravens rivalry then the Eagles fans would feud with them or maybe they fight with the whole teams in the NFL, even the CFL teams fans too :lol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I assume the Colts history moved to Indianapolis.
Yes, and they didn't give it back like Baltimore did for Cleveland.
I think you've said that before about the Eagles fans, I'd imagine if there wasn't the Steelers/Ravens rivalry then the Eagles fans would feud with them or maybe they fight with the whole teams in the NFL
They're mainly feuding with the Cowboys. That's when people in Cowboys jerseys get sucker punched in the stands. But they're so out of hand the Eagles and Phillies have a jail under the stadium to take violent fans into until the police can take them to a real jail. People call Philadelphia Hostile City for a reason. They're a bunch of crazy drunk Italians who want to fight all night.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Tony Romo announced his retirement.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Romo is replacing Phil Simms as the color commentator on CBS A-game broadcasts. I won't miss hearing Simms suck Tom Brady's dick for 3 hours.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Grumpy Cat in human form should make for great television.....

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Why do they want more ties? That's a big reason why Americans don't like soccer.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Sometimes draws are actually a good thing, especially if you've ever had to sit thru a 90 minute bore draw of 0-0.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Oh Jesus Christ no.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Bandit »

"thumbsup

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

So Peterson sure is happy in New Orleans....

That's the look of a man giving serious consideration to punching you in the jaw.

Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Prophet][ »

I went to my first NFL game the other weekend, the season opener for the Redskins. Was alot of fun but damn FedExField is an old stadium.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Only 20 years old. There's ones like Lambeau that are 60.

Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Prophet][ »

wow, it seems much older and worn down.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

If you think that's bad you should see RFK Stadium where DC United play.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Me watching the Ravens game this morning.

My high school team would have played better than that bullshit.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit wrote:So Peterson sure is happy in New Orleans....

That's the look of a man giving serious consideration to punching you in the jaw.
The Saints have traded Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals. He supposedly hated every minute in New Orleans. The Cards can be a good team most of the time. So he'll be much happier in Arizona.