Michael Jackson Thread

News, politics, sports, personal topics, random crap etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Michael Jackson Thread

Post by Big Boss Man » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:51 am

RIP Mike

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:22 am

Won't forget that day, it's crazy that it's been 10 years

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 am

I thought for sure it was a hoax at first. The perception of him was that he was an incredibly healthy vegan, so a heart attack didn't sound legitimate at first. I was thinking he must be in the best shape a 50 year old could be since he'd been dancing like crazy at tour rehearsal. We didn't know about the drugs yet.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:08 am

I feel like opioid/painkiller addiction wasn't talked about much back in 2009. It was a shock to find out that someone like Michael Jackson died, especially because he seemed in good health.

We all stood around the lobby television at my internship and watched it all unfold from about 3 p.m. CT onward. I was staying with my parents that summer and I remember my dad calling my sister in Seattle about how sad everyone was.

I also remember unfriending someone on Facebook after reading their rant about how people shouldn't eulogize Michael Jackson because Farrah Fawcett deserved it more.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 am

Yes, back in 2009 the news was all about Amy Winehouse smoking crack. That was the idea of what a drug addict looked like. It turned out drug addicts were in your neighborhood since over prescribing painkillers was a hidden epidemic until maybe 2014 or so.

I know Michael went to rehab once and had the song Morphine about it. But it seemed like that was long behind him since you never heard anything else except he liked wine. He wasn't like Scott Weiland that was either making news for returning to rehab or showing up for a concert too high to sing well.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm