The Terrorism News Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: The Terrorism News Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Bandit wrote:

Makes sense. I did crazy things for extensions to.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:The Islamic State has issued a vicious and detailed call to "lone wolf" followers to stab, shoot, poison and run over Australians at iconic attractions including Bondi Beach and the MCG.
FOILED BY OUR ROADS!!
See the terrorists TRIED to Stab, shoot, poison and run us over.. But Melbourne and Sydney's FUCKED ROADS stopped any attack from happening!!!
In Sydney, They needed to turn right at one street, and couldn't turn right for 4 KM in the CBD, and promptly gave up when they couldn't get to the stabbing/shooting/poisoning/ running over point..
And in Melbourne, They are still stuck in traffic on Hoddle St 3 FUCKING MONTHS LATER!!!!

Our fucked roads have finally done something useful.. Stopping terrorist attacks!!!

Edit: There are still Terrorists stuck in traffic on Hoddle St trying to get to the 1990 AFL Grand Final!!!

If I were a terrorist, I'd be blowing up bridges on the ring road. (Which isn't a ring BTW) If you blew up the ring road, you would CRIPPLE about 50% of all Melbourne.. (look it up... Melbourne's M80)
But I suppose the ring road has terrorists.... A single crash with a single car, with a single death and they close the whole fucking thing off, and there is NO OTHER way to get from the north, North East, North West , or west to the city...

Oh.. There's an accident on the left hand lane. and someone died.. LETS CLOSE ALL 4 FUCKING LANES and cripple the entire north of the city for 9 hours+ for an incident investigation!!!
THERE'S THE REAL TERRORISTS!!!

I can do their incident investigation in 10 seconds: This person was alive, and is now dead CASE FUCKING CLOSED... FUCKING SOLVED!!!! Pick the body bits up, hose the blood off and Inform the family.. TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES!!!

New York recovered faster from 9FUCKING11 than we do from a single car crash...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

There was a terrorist attack in London today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505

5 confirmed deaths and 40 injured people so far. Terrible news :(

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

after so many years of the ira back in the day the nation tends to think 'fuck em, we got things to do, they aint stoppin us' yet the bad guys never learn

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

aint checked the news to see if the Arndale being evacuated was due to a bomb or not earler, the fact the place was buisines as usual shows just how much effect attacks have on us after years of IRA bombings

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This article is now pretty awkward....

http://defamer.gawker.com/report-ariana ... 1635797442

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Absolutely terrible news about what happened in Manchester. The fact that young children were involved makes it even more sickening. There really needs to be outside armed security at all times outside of arenas, stadiums. Then they could have got the perpetrator of this hideous act before they dedonated the bomb. I can sadly only see these events keep occurring unless they go on the attack and arrest them before they can perpetuate other crimes. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and I hope the folks of Manchester and the UK can stay strong & united and don't let the terriorists win.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, that's the thing. They keep comparing this to the IRA, but ISIS is completely different. The IRA had goals that they'd stop at, and they did in 1998. ISIS just wants death so they're never going to stop.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea. The only way to stop them or at least curb their activities is to be ten steps ahead of them with better surveillance, infiltrating their midst so they can get first hand information, shutting down their recruitment camps. Harsher penalties for their crimes but it's usually suicide bombers and you can't punish them. So really they need to shut the whole hating preaching, hack their communications and shut them down, monitor suspects 24/7 and be ahead of all their activities. It's a controversial topic here but IMO police needed to be armed outside arenas, airports etc better detection of bombs, exploding materials etc. Also any suspicious activity should be an arrest now, question later. Because say people noticed the terrorist loitering around acting suspiciously they could have caught them or if they were allowed guns taken them out with a sniper rifle and saved lives. I think a tougher policing strategy has to be used against terror suspects otherwise it's sadly going to get worse and worse.

Also Ariana Grande has offered to pay for all the victims funerals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... erals.html

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
Seems like life would be the appropriate punishment. (I am guessing he means people caught BEFORE the bomb goes off.)

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote:Yea. The only way to stop them or at least curb their activities is to be ten steps ahead of them with better surveillance, infiltrating their midst so they can get first hand information, shutting down their recruitment camps. Harsher penalties for their crimes but it's usually suicide bombers and you can't punish them. So really they need to shut the whole hating preaching, hack their communications and shut them down, monitor suspects 24/7 and be ahead of all their activities. It's a controversial topic here but IMO police needed to be armed outside arenas, airports etc better detection of bombs, exploding materials etc. Also any suspicious activity should be an arrest now, question later. Because say people noticed the terrorist loitering around acting suspiciously they could have caught them or if they were allowed guns taken them out with a sniper rifle and saved lives. I think a tougher policing strategy has to be used against terror suspects otherwise it's sadly going to get worse and worse.

Also Ariana Grande has offered to pay for all the victims funerals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... erals.html
The intelligence gathering is fine. It's this kind of thing that's the problem.

He was not an anonymous guy. They knew he was a radical for years. But agencies are too afraid to do anything about it.

And it's having the unintended effect of making things hard for all Muslims. The 99% of Muslims who are good people get viewed with suspicion when the government won't do anything about the 1% who are radicals.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

a very British reaction

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

And it's having the unintended effect of making things hard for all Muslims. The 99% of Muslims who are good people get viewed with suspicion when the government won't do anything about the 1% who are radicals.
Yea, thats true. It develops an anti-Muslim attitude where it's only like you say a small percentage who are committing these horrendous atrocities. It also creates a racial profiling situation where any Muslim will be targeted because of their religion which is wrong. But what else can be realistically done?. I don't really know if the intelligence is fine, because the police et al need to filter out any false information/crackpots phoning them up with false leads etc so they really need to be ahead of the game and have Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp etc monitored 24/7 the sites themselves should send out redflags to certain phrases etc. It has to be a 1000% commitment to shutting down the terrorists and you have to be ahead of them at every step.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »