The Car & Bike Thread

News, politics, sports, personal topics, random crap etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The Car & Bike Thread

Post by ian » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:39 am

One for weekdays, one for Sunday best!
One thing I can't figure out is why the WRX has cruise control but the liberty doesn't.. It should be the other way around, but oh well.
Plan was to fix up my skyline as a weekend car and use the wrx as a daily.. then I lent my skyline to a friend who completely fucking trashed and thrashed it.. Now I used to thrash it, but I took care of it too.

I don't even want to show photos of what happened to the skyline in the 2 months my friend had it..

so the plan now is B4 for daily.. WRX for when I want a drive..

Both are MAGNIFICENT, but I will miss my skyline (So fucked it's beyond reasonable repair)
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Here's something to add to one of your cars, Ian:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:22 am

They likely did that because they didn’t want people to notice they were driving a Peugeot.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:00 am

WRX is going in for a service and a tune.

Liberty needs some major work.. Probably all 3 cars will be sold shortly and I'll get something small and fun..

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:36 pm

WRX just set me back a lot ($1200) but for all the servicing, a tune, and currently a dyno run it’s not too bad.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:08 am

Number plates got stolen off the car last night.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Trying to get some screws to put my new plates on is impossible.
All I can find are the anti theft screws...

You know the ones that need a hammer and screwdriver and take 40 seconds to steal instead of a normal one that takes a screwdriver and 30 seconds to steal.

You know the ones that piss off a thief so they’re more likely to fuck your entire car to get them.

At this stage I’ll have to buy some screws that are too long and cut them down to length myself

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:07 pm

Today I said goodbye to my skyline.

And also much later in the day my best friend too.

Warning, album contains images that may disturb some car enthusiasts.

See that steering wheel cover? Yeah the grandpa spec sheepskin one. That was protecting an immaculate 30 year old steering wheel.

The before photos were from December 2017.
The after photos were after 2 months of my friend borrowing it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:47 pm

So he trashed your car? What a cunt.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:07 pm

That's fucked up. If you borrow anything from someone, especially a car, you should treat it better than you'd treat your own things.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:05 pm

And the $1200 odd in fines wasn't pleasant either. Funny thing, He told me about the first speeding fine. but not the $700 in tollway ones and not the second speeding fine.
But drugs did deliver the funniest line of all time, and I quote directly:
"Oh, I took the floor mats out so they wouldn't get dirty"

The best comedy writer in the world couldn't come up with that one.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:48 pm