I had to put my dog to sleep.

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

I had to put my dog to sleep.

Post by OrangeRibbon »

I got her roughly 2 years ago, and she such a goofy dog, she chased tennis balls, she turned around like a million times before laying down, and would stare you down while you ate and drooled.

Her little paws would move sometimes and she would bark in her sleep.

She had a very aggressive cancer. Last weekend she was fine.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Re: I had to put my dog to sleep.

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That's terrible and very sad. Condolences OR.
OrangeRibbon wrote:Her little paws would move sometimes and she would bark in her sleep.
It's funny when they do that. Our dog does it and he makes a "wub wub wub" sound as well.They are dreaming about what they did during the day.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Sorry for the loss. :(
A dog being gone is hard to deal with. But you're lucky your dog chased tennis balls!

Every time I ever tried to get my dog to chase or fetch anything, she'd just look at me like I was an idiot until I gave up and got it.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

My condolences. Putting an animal to sleep is the worst feeling. I don't know how vets do it, especially dog pound dogs only euthanized because nobody wants them. That must be the worst job in the world unless you're a sociopath.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote:My condolences. Putting an animal to sleep is the worst feeling. I don't know how vets do it.
They are the only people who know when a life is bad enough you have to end it...
BUT If they were doctors, THEN they would be sociopaths, or murderers!!

When my dog was put to sleep in my arms, we all knew it was best for her, not what was best for me.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I had to leave the room when mine was. I fancy myself a hard-ass, but not when it comes to dead pets.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote:I had to leave the room when mine was. I fancy myself a hard-ass, but not when it comes to dead pets.
:olol:

I wasn't afraid to let my dog die in my arms. She was my dog, so I was going to be there so she was ok... Sure I was crying like more of a bitch than she was, but She died in my arms and I carried her corpse to the back room of the vet after it was done.
-Two Interactive.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus »

I'm sorry, OR. :( I've never had to put a pet to sleep but i kind of wish I had. My cat Moe was pretty sick before she died and when she did, it was outside alone. At least you were with your dog at the end. She knew.
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: It's funny when they do that. Our dog does it and he makes a "wub wub wub" sound as well.They are dreaming about what they did during the day.
She's having one more bark at the mail man. :olol:

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

ian wrote:
Bandit wrote:I had to leave the room when mine was. I fancy myself a hard-ass, but not when it comes to dead pets.
:olol:

I wasn't afraid to let my dog die in my arms. She was my dog, so I was going to be there so she was ok... Sure I was crying like more of a bitch than she was, but She died in my arms and I carried her corpse to the back room of the vet after it was done.
Same here, accept they had a gurney. I even made her some steak as a last treat. I I had it cut up, and she shoved her whole nose in the bag trying to get it. Then she turned down McDonald's Chicken Nuggets.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Very sorry to hear that OR, my condolences. :(