‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Played On A 100-Year-Old Fairground Organ | You’ve Never Heard Anything Like This…

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Hawq
Site Admin

‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Played On A 100-Year-Old Fairground Organ | You’ve Never Heard Anything Like This…

Post by Hawq »

Bohemian Rhapsody Will Never Be Heard The Sam Way, Again…

If you were to make a list of rock songs that should be given a 5-Star rating, there are many songs that should be included. Stairway To Heaven, Hotel California, Thunderstruck, Dream On, Welcome To The Jungle, and many others. But there is one song that truly stands out amongst them all and that song is Bohemian Rhapsody. Written by legendary Queen frontman Freddie Mercury, this is a song that is still revered by many as one of the (if not THE greatest rock song of all time. It is a song that is classically inspired yet years ahead of its time. With its iconic harmonies and astonishing guitar work, this song deserves its own induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

Since its release, the song has been covered in just about every possible way imaginable. Whether it’s acapella, or piano, or even bluegrass, you name it, it’s been done. But have you ever heard this song played back on a 100-year-old Fairground Organ. Chances are that you haven’t, but that’s about to change and for the better, might I add! What you’re about to watch is the aforementioned get played back on the aforementioned instrument. It’s beautiful and if you’re like me and have a fear of all things circus/clowns/fair etc, quite creepy. Nevertheless it is simply beautiful. Don’t believe me? See for yourself!

source

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Played On A 100-Year-Old Fairground Organ | You’ve Never Heard Anything Like This…

Post by pixel »

Those old organs are crazy. What I really want to know is, how do they make the rolls that instruments play off of?

Funny thing though, it looks like it's about 3 1/2 hours away from here.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Played On A 100-Year-Old Fairground Organ | You’ve Never Heard Anything Like This…

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cool. The rolls have music notation on them in the form of those bars. I think historically they were punched, but these seem like they've put something on the paper it hits to play the music. There's also like cylnders (spelt it wrong I think) which play music, like in a music box that has a similar type of thing. Back to the organ, they could if they did the sheet music on the roll they could make it play everything.