Streaming Services Thread (Netflix, Disney+, Hulu etc.)

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Streaming Services Thread (Looks like I am canceling Hulu)

Post by Bandit »

Oh fuck off, Disney. Home Alone doesn't need a remake and you remade Cheaper By The Dozen in 2003. Seriously, there's not one good original script floating around that entire mega corporation? They all go to Netflix?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Home Alone is a reboot, so it will be a different story. It would be good if Kevin is the kid's dad, and he's played by Macaulay Culkin.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

But it's going to be the same story of a kid left alone having to think up wacky traps to fend off robbers who threatened him. Unless they get dark and have Marv and Harry win and kill the kid and rob the house in the first half, then the film becomes more like Mystic River.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It could be different:
As far as these development projects go, the only one I’ve heard rumblings about is the reimagining of Home Alone, which could turn the tables and follow a husband and wife who go to war with a young boy who has stolen something from them, rather than the original premise of a young boy who goes to war with a pair of inept thieves looking to rob his house.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Wouldn't that be child abuse?

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 am It would be good if Kevin is the kid's dad, and he's played by Macaulay Culkin.
As soon as I saw that news, I thought that EXACT THING.

any home alone has to have Macaulay Culkin to be good.
He HAS to be in it as a main character if they redo it... Not a cameo, not supporting... FUCKING MAIN ROLE, or don't bother!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't know if he would or not. He doesn't seem that interested in acting period since all he does is make music and make cameos on youtube shows. I don't think he's done much since Party Monster and Saved over a decade ago. And he has talent so I don't think he's just auditioning and not being cast. His brother regularly gets roles (and a lot of people think he's Macaulay.) He doesn't appear to be like Corey Feldman who really does want to work but nobody wants him.

So if he did come back for this it could look like "See, he's just an out of work former child actor, that's sad he's nothing but Kevin", which he probably wouldn't want. But maybe I'm wrong.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Yeah I get that aspect, but he's been pretty cool to take the piss out of himself in the past (Robot Chicken, AVGN, random youtube ETC)

so I think if he wanted to do it, he could get in no worries. but it doesn't need to be redone at all, and if they HAVE TO, then they need him!

ALSO.. Party Monster WAS AWESOME!
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I loved Party Monster. I don't know why that didn't change his career other than he didn't want it. You can't do anything more to erase being the "AHHHHHHH!!!!" kid than doing a great job playing a flamboyant drug addicted murderer.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I think when it came out all the people either didn't care at all or know at all, or only watched it because he was the kid from home alone..

I was right in the middle of the 2 crowds.. I knew who he was, but after I saw him in the good son, and his performance in that movie seemed more than being the AHHHHH kid, when he made a new movie I was very interested to see what would happen.

So of the people who watched and said URGHHHHH Child actor wants to come back to movies, or the crowd who didn't know/care who he was at all..

I was wanting to see if it would be good as someone partially invested, and it WAS A GOOD MOVIE..
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

In the US a lot of critics were afraid to praise it because you had a cast of heterosexual actors playing over-the-top gay men. But that was how the real people they were playing acted, so it wasn't like a "Men On Film" homophobic joke performance. But they didn't know what to make of it. If Culkin and Seth Green were gay it would have been praised a lot more.

Another issue for audiences was nobody in the film was likable. But that was the point. Everyone was a vapid asshole but then two of them were worse in the end because they were murderers. It was a film study on that party scene being an environment that was so vapid and cynical Michael Alig could self destruct with nobody caring and even when it was too late not really caring. The attitude of just "Oh, cool, this will make a good book" is almost as disturbing as the murder. So that alienated viewers.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 amIf Culkin and Seth Green were gay it would have been praised a lot more.
so exactly like today?
or is being gay and playing a gay character bad now??
I can't keep up...

Was a good movie, and the overall point is, they shouldn't do anymore home alone anythings..
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The only streaming services I've ever been interested in paying for are Netflix and HBO because of their exclusive content. But WarnerMedia is watering down the HBO brand by putting it on the same level as shit channels like truTV and TBS, so I'm not interested anymore. My girlfriend pays for Netflix, but I'd cancel if it were up to me.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Netflix is trash now. Did they just give up?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 am Did they just give up?
All the other streaming places are diluting the market plus they owe over $12b, so there's limits on what they can get.

Probably a good decision not to spend $1.5b for 2HM/BBT though.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

In the US you can watch at least 6 BBT episodes everyday on network TV and TBS. 2.5 Men used to be on all of the time but they stopped showing it after Charlie announced he had HIV.

Netflix is really banking on Eddie Murphy. But he's sucked for so long I don't know if it looks like they got a big star or a has-been coming to them like Adam Sandler. We will see if he does Pluto Nash II or not.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:09 am In the US you can watch at least 6 BBT episodes everyday on network TV and TBS. 2.5 Men used to be on all of the time but they stopped showing it after Charlie announced he had HIV.

Netflix is really banking on Eddie Murphy. But he's sucked for so long I don't know if it looks like they got a big star or a has-been coming to them like Adam Sandler. We will see if he does Pluto Nash II or not.
Fewer and fewer people are setting up their antennas or paying for cable. More people are only using apps to stream everything, and whoever has Big Bang Theory will get several million subscribers based on that fact alone. Start adding other big-time shows like 2.5 Men and it only becomes more lucrative.