The Terminator Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Hawq
Site Admin

The Terminator Thread

Post by Hawq »

For some odd reason, Paramount thought people still wanted the Terminator franchise butchering, but (sadly?) Terminator 6 has been cancelled. Let’s be honest, the films were on a pretty steep downward slope ever since Terminator 2, but they weren’t ready to give up on it, until now.

Terminator Genisys was originally planned to be the first in a new trilogy of movies, but it was slated, it really took a hammering from the critics and general public. This was all the nails in the coffin and it looked as though the franchise was going to be left alone.

Then, in early 2017, and with James Cameron on board in an overseer role, it was announced that Terminator 6 was going to go ahead. Now in the latest twist, it has been reported that Paramount has since removed it from the schedule.

Arnie himself has stated that he does not want to continue with the franchise, along with Emilia Clarke who has no intention of reprising her role as Sarah Connor. Linda Hamilton is highly unlikely to want to be part of any more Terminator movies, the thought of working for her ex-husband probably doesn’t do it for her.

So with a dwindling cast, the franchise has finally been put to bed, at least we can all hope it has. It’s too soon to assume they won’t pick it up in the future, although I’m sure if we got enough signatures on a petition to oppose any more Paramount wouldn’t do it to us.

As for Arnie, he reportedly has a number of reboot movies in the works, these include Twins, called Triplets, and reprising his role as Conan in The Legend of Conan. Exciting stuff (sarcasm very much intended).

Are you glad to see the back of the Terminator franchise? If it was going to make a come back with a whole new cast, what would you like to see them do, and which movie stars would you hire?
source

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Terminator 6 Has Been Cancelled, Arnie Won’t Be Back

Post by ian »

I'll miss the terminator franchise if it's gone.. aside from that one where Christian Bale was in it...

Why the fuck is the worst batman actor in a terminator movie?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:I'll miss the terminator franchise if it's gone.. aside from that one where Christian Bale was in it...

Why the fuck is the worst batman actor in a terminator movie?
George Clooney was in a Terminator movie?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Terminator 6

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's uncancelled.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, she isn't on bad terms with Cameron. She only said their marriage was strained by how he is an extreme workaholic she was tired of being ignored. If you notice, all of his divorces were right after a movie.They still talk.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I'll see this in in the cinema because of:
James, James Cameron
The bravest pioneer
No budget too steep, no sea too deep
Who's that?
It's him, James Cameron.

For some reason, he can make even the most boring stories enjoyable. :olol:
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Terminator Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The Terminator Thread

Post by ian »

Ok, so it's coming out soon, and despite the absence of Michael Biehn, I am hoping we (the whole world) can just all call this movie "Terminator 3: Dark Fate"
and forget Rise of the machines, Salvation, The Sarah Connor Chronicles and those shitty webisode things ever existed?

And if this movie is shit, it can just be shit like most ends of Trilogies are. If it's good, they can make Terminator 4 and then we can talk about future movies dependant on how Terminator 4 does...

Edit: I apparently left out Genisys. How embarrassing. It was so forgettable, that I forgot to mention it in the list of things we should forget about. :rofl:
Wouldn't want to have worked on that movie...
-Two Interactive.