Futurama Is Getting An Encore With A New Radio Drama

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The last episode of Futurama ended with Fry lovingly asking his wife Leela if she'd like to "go around again" and now it looks like they're going to. Nerdist has paired with the creators of the show to create a brand new radio play that ties into the show's latest mobile game.

TinyCo recently released Futurama: World of Tomorrow, a mobile game that's a mix of The Simpsons: Tapped Out with turn-based RPG. In the game, Fry is tasked with saving his friends from a perpendicular universe after Hypnotoad (while getting his groove on with Lady Hypnotoad) tore the fabric of time and space. It features a story from Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, and the Futurama writers and voice actors.

To celebrate the game's release, Nerdist and Futurama have created a double-episode podcast audio show centered around the crew's new adventures. There's reportedly a sneak peek at the upcoming radio play inside the game, instructions to find it are here, but I've been playing all morning and it hasn't shown up for me yet. Leave a comment if you've listened to the sneak peek and know what it's about.

As a diehard fan of Futurama (seriously, my wedding cake toppers were Fry and Leela figurines), I'm always eager to see some of my favourite characters. I've watched the show backwards and forwards at least half a dozen times. That said, I feel like the series ended on such a beautiful moment, it doesn't really need to continue. I'm probably going to check out the podcast episode, and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, but something feels slightly off about returning to a show that left so perfectly.

Also, Chris Hardwick does not deserve a head jar.

The Futurama radioplay comes out September 14.

Source: Gizmodo

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Futurama Is Getting An Encore With A New Radio Drama

Post by ian »

"The last episode of Futurama ended with Fry lovingly asking his wife Leela if she'd like to "go around again" "

Please thank the writers of this article for the spoiler. Some of us Haven't seen the last episode...
A real "diehard" fan will ALWAYS have new a new episode of Futurama to watch.

I knew 3 quarters of the script from the table read, but this article has ruined it all.
so THANKS!!

... Wanker...
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.