Forbidden Planets ‘Robby the Robot’ Up for Auction

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Hawq
Site Admin

Forbidden Planets ‘Robby the Robot’ Up for Auction

Post by Hawq »

Forbidden Planets ‘Robby the Robot’ comes up for auction AND MORE!

Forbidden Planet is one of the most iconic science fiction films of all times. It introduced many aspects of the genre which have since become industry standards.

As part of a major Bonhams auction, you too can own a slice of science fiction history as Robby the Robot has come up for auction. This is the original costume/prop from the film which cost MGM $125,000 to make. A significant sum of money for the time.

With no estimated price, who knows how high this will go, but, let’s be honest, it would be an awesome thing to have. People often spend thousands just to get original copies of the iconic film’s poster. I, therefore, dread to think how much Robby will fetch.

While the auction of the Robot might sound strange, it’s no more bizarre than the auctioning of the Popes iPad.

The auction comes as part of a lot of popular film and TV memorabilia. Some of much, I must confess, I would very covetously like to own.

Some other amazing items for sale!

The auction also includes some amazing items from such classic programs as:

Columbo
Mork and Mindy
The Monkees.
Lost in Space
The Twilight Zone

One of which items includes an original and used Columbo costume. Yep, including the iconic coat. That, unfortunately, is expected to top $10,000 and despite my best pleadings with my eTeknix overlords, they don’t lend me the money.

We recently saw a real Transformer robot go up for auction, so it’s clear that there is, and always will be, a massive demand for such memorabilia.

All the items are listed on Bonhams website and assuming you have deep pockets, it’s well worth checking out!
source or course Robbie also appeared in an episode of Lost in Space but I guess they only mentioned the most memorable (& most staring type) one