Rap Beef Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Rap Beef Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A thread for rap beefs, new and old school.

Machine Gun Kelly - Rap Devil

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Rap Beef Thread

Post by Bandit »

I'll agree with that. It was the best Eminem diss song anybody has put out. But Eminem is going to destroy his soul by Wednesday.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea Em come up through battle raps so he will put MGK in his place.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I can only hope this thread is as entertaining as the rap beefs on the boondocks.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Who Shot Ya actually wasn't a Tupac diss like people suspected. The song was recorded before Shakur was shot. It was a Ready To Die outtake Big just held onto for a b-side. It's really just a generic gangsta song that because of the timing was misinterpreted as being about the Quad Studios shooting.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I believe Pac thought it was aimed at him which is why he referenced it on Hit 'em up "Who shot ya, but ya punks didn't finish...". Plus Puffy and Big were alleged to have been involved with the shooting. Biggie never replied to Hit em Up because when you think about it he set the wheels in motion with Who Shot Ya.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Everybody thought it at the time. I'm just saying years later they provided studio documents that this was made with Ready To Die when they were still friends.

This is the real Tupac diss

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Though Biggie and his entire camp have continuously denied that “Who Shot Ya?” was directed towards 2Pac, the timing of its release and the perceived subliminal shots (no pun intended) lead us to believe that this was most likely a diss record.
Shakur called the timing of the song's release "tasteless" in a Vibe Magazine interview.[10] "Even if that song ain't about me," Shakur told Vibe, "You should be, like, 'I'm not putting it out, 'cause he might think it's about him.'"
Biggie exclaiming in a Vibe magazine interview: "I wrote that muthafuckin' song way before Tupac got shot," he said. "It was supposed to be the intro to that shit Keith Murray was doing on Mary J. Blige's joint. But Puff said it was too hard."
What doesn't make sense is if Big and Puffy weren't involved why release the song when Tupac was locked up and a week after he was shot?. Pac helped put Biggie on so whilst he shouldn't be indebted to him he should have had his back. If Puff was the instigator behind it then Big should have been like Pacs my homie, I ain't doing him like that. We'll never get the truth from Puff and sadly Biggie and Tupac are gone but in my opinion I'd be very, very much surprised if Puffy, Big and those in the know at Bad Boy weren't involved in what happened at Quad City.

It was like they were intentionally trying to take down Tupac & make him appear weak. As hip hop is all about being tough & street, especially gangsta rap they made Tupac out to be a buster. Had Pac been murdered would Bad Boy still have put out Who Shot Ya. I highly doubt that. So yea Who Shot Ya due to its time of release I believe is probably the most impactful diss track. Its gloating "Bad boys behind this" & kicking Pac when he was down. No wonder Tupac was so pissed by it he came back with Hit em Up. In fact the whole East v West beef wouldn't have even happened if not for Who Shot Ya.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He was set up by "Haitian Jack" Agnant and rapper manager Jimmy Henchman. A guy named Dexter Isaac did the actual shooting and admitted to it in 2011 and said he was paid by Jimmy Henchman. Tupac went into detail on Against All Odds

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Interesting, thanks. So if Tupac knew by then that Big and Puffy weren't involved why didn't he try and squash the beef before it escalated further?. Because that doesnt make sense to feud with him when he didn't do nothing, unless Suge wanted the East v West feud to continue to keep selling records.

Found this on a Tupac fan site
https://2paclegacy.net/who-is-jimmy-henchman-rosemond/

https://2paclegacy.net/haitian-jack-spe ... interview/

https://2paclegacy.net/who-is-jacques-h ... ck-agnant/

Says in the Agnant one both Biggie and Iron Mike warned Pac to stay clear anyway from him. So maybe "Who Shot Ya" was Big trying to play the big brother role and a subliminal "I told you so" dig.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He was angry and paranoid while in prison, so wasn't thinking straight. He had another inmate suggest they were in on it and believed him. And then had Suge Knight stirring the fire when he got out because he really wanted Tupac on his side since he was already feuding with Bad Boy over a separate issue.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also Eazy E's birthday

The world lost out on a masterpiece when Warren G and Bushwick Bill weren't actually a rap duo.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Why is there a picture of Tommy Dreamer in that tweet?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He gave up hitting people with chairs to spit some hot bars.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Fun facts after Killshot was released:

MGK deleted all his tweets/instagram stories complimenting his idol (em)
MGK caught deleting any top liked/commented negative instagram user comments
MGK has *bodyguards* beat up Em fan calling him a pussy
MGK gets booed at his opening act for Fall Out Boy concert, tricks fans into taking photo of them flipping the bird (he turned around during pic & took off sweatshirt without them knowing he was wearing a killshot shirt)

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

If Fall Out Boy fans think you suck....