Louis Theroux: My Scientology Movie trailer

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: Louis Theroux: My Scientology Movie trailer

Post by Big Boss Man »

If the tabloids are to be believed they knew, or at least some of the celebs of the time did but keep it hush-hush. What Saville did was create a public persona of somebody who did a lot of charity work (he ran marathons, visited orphanages, asylums etc). Apparently he abused his victims at the places I've mentioned, which when you think about it is horrific because it's highly unlikely anybody in law enforcement would believe the accuser considering their circumstances. So Jimmy Saville was and remains a utterly sick, depraved, twisted piece of garbage as he targeted those who couldn't defend themselves. This guy was given a knighthood unbelievably, because of his kayfabed persona of the weirdly eccentric but nice "Uncle Jimmy" type persona. Louis broke that image when he interviewed him before and he came across as very weird. So maybe there was hints of what Saville was getting up to, but the BBC top brass didn't know because he developed that persona and his accusers were no doubt wrongly labelled as fantasists. If they did know and kept quiet they are just as guilty as he is. But from what I've heard/read, BBC was "allegedly" an old boys club and a lot of debauchery went on in the 60s and 70s. This was all kept on the down low at the time and it's only since the Saville story broke that the light entertainment stars of the time have toppled over like a house of perverted cards. A lot of entertainers have been questioned too and let off (Sir Cliff Richard, Jimmy Tarbuck etc.) but I imagine there's others from the past who were guilty yet because they've passed or faded from obscurity they've not been brought to justice.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Didn't John Lydon claim he tried to tell them?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, IIRCJohnny mentioned about him in his most recent autobiography, think we talked about it on the old BG?. A lot of folks have said things now that the allegations have been brought out in the open. But apparently Saville had friends in very high places which I'm assuming is why it was only when he passed they brought all this to light.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Louis Theroux’s My Scientology Movie Leaks Online Before UK/US Theatrical Release

Louis Theroux's much-anticipated upcoming movie investigating The Church of Scientology has been leaked online ahead of its UK/US theatrical release. My Scientology Movie, which was funded by the BBC, appeared on torrent sites a few hours ago in perfect quality.

scientology-smallBorn in Singapore to an American father and English mother, Louis Theroux has grown to become one of the UK’s most-loved documentary makers.

Last weekend Theroux fans were treated to a follow-up to the filmmaker’s interview with Jimmy Savile, the now-notorious entertainer and sex offender who brought scandal upon the BBC. However, that was a mere hors d’oeuvre to the UK premiere this Friday of Theroux’s biggest creation yet.

My Scientology Movie is Theroux’s long-awaited big-screen debut, with a documentary that investigates and ultimately pokes fun at the famous church of the same name.

Funded by the BBC , My Scientology Movie had its initial airing at the London Film Festival in October 2015 but fans of the documentary maker have been treated only to trailers ever since. This morning, however, all that changed.

Just a few hours ago, Theroux’s latest offering appeared online and began spreading across torrent and file-hosting sites alike. TF is informed that the release first appeared on a fairly well-known private tracker. However, we were unable to confirm that before publication so have omitted its name from this report.

According to numerous sources, the theatrical release has a duration of 99 mins and this ‘pirate’ copy lives up to that billing, indicating that this indeed the full movie intended for release later this week.

Also noteworthy is the quality of the release. Often leaked ‘cam’ versions appear online in the days after a commercial release but this is an almost perfect copy, something that will be of concern to the movie’s funders at the BBC.

The big question now is where the copy originated from. Sometimes so-called DVD screeners provide the kind of quality we’re looking at here but in this case, the people behind the release indicate that the movie was captured from a ‘WEB Rip’ source, i.e some kind of streaming system available over the web.

Rather than ‘pirate’ in nature, these sources are often official. OSN in the Middle East, for example, sometimes offers movies before their official release in the West. The same can be said of various South Korean services, hence the Korean subtitles that are visible on many early, good quality movie releases.

Since the leak is so fresh (and also since much of the United States is still asleep) downloads of My Scientology Movie are currently fairly modest. That is likely to change as the day progresses and the news spreads.

Update: The movie had a theatrical release in the Netherlands earlier this year but is yet to premiere in the UK or US.

Update2: Two separate sources indicate the movie has been ripped from iTunes.
source