Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

TV, movies, music, comics
ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by ian » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 am

The new Top Gear can be measured how good it is by Ian's viewing of car shows alone:

Every episode of 2002 Top Gear and every special. (since before I could drive) And a live special. until It didn't have May, Hammond or Clarkson hosting.
2 episodes of 5th Gear.
1 episode of Top Gear USA
1 episode of Top gear AUS
0 Episodes of new Shit Top Gear
Every episode (including youtube) of Mighty car mods..
and I've watched the First Episode of the grand tour twice.. And if net wasn't so shitty here.. Bet your fucking ass I'd watch in 4K

The BBC can try to wipe the slate clean, but calling it Top Gear without Clarkson, simply won't work..

Clarkson, Hammond and May driving around in a Mclaren P1, Porsche 918 and Ferrari The Ferrari will beat ANYTHING, ANYONE else can even try. That Simple..

I really hope with this grand tour, they find new celebrities to kill off in new ways each week.. Star in a reasonably priced car was usually boring as fuck (Unless it was like Jay Leno, or Rowan Atkinson.)
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

OrangeRibbon
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 am

I just watched the Grand Tour and it was Damn good. I don't know if you need Amazon Prime for it, or you can buy the eps but it is definitely worth it.

ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by ian » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:59 pm

OrangeRibbon wrote:I just watched the Grand Tour and it was Damn good. I don't know if you need Amazon Prime for it, or you can buy the eps but it is definitely worth it.
You don't NEED prime.. It all comes down to the fact, this is an internet show, why the fuck should I have to wait for it.
I am happy to pay for it, but I'm not waiting.. :olol:
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Skynet » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:21 pm

I like that GT was more Top Gear than the last season of Top Gear.

What pissed me off the most about the last season was Chris Evans and the star in the rally cross car. I didn't mind LeBlanc and the others.

If the trio can keep up the level of quality of the first ep of GT, it should be a good series.

OrangeRibbon
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 am

ian wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:I just watched the Grand Tour and it was Damn good. I don't know if you need Amazon Prime for it, or you can buy the eps but it is definitely worth it.
You don't NEED prime.. It all comes down to the fact, this is an internet show, why the fuck should I have to wait for it.
I am happy to pay for it, but I'm not waiting.. :olol:
Cool, I have Prime because of the music streaming and shipping.

They might not be done shooting everything and editing. I would rather have something now instead of waiting.

User avatar
Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Prophet][ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:25 pm

OrangeRibbon wrote:
ian wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:I just watched the Grand Tour and it was Damn good. I don't know if you need Amazon Prime for it, or you can buy the eps but it is definitely worth it.
You don't NEED prime.. It all comes down to the fact, this is an internet show, why the fuck should I have to wait for it.
I am happy to pay for it, but I'm not waiting.. :olol:
Cool, I have Prime because of the music streaming and shipping.

They might not be done shooting everything and editing. I would rather have something now instead of waiting.
They haven't finished shooting yet, I read an F1 comedy website run by the head script writer for GT (and previously Top Gear) and he is still posting pictures of them shooting on his twitter feed.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Skynet » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Prophet][ wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:
ian wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:I just watched the Grand Tour and it was Damn good. I don't know if you need Amazon Prime for it, or you can buy the eps but it is definitely worth it.
You don't NEED prime.. It all comes down to the fact, this is an internet show, why the fuck should I have to wait for it.
I am happy to pay for it, but I'm not waiting.. :olol:
Cool, I have Prime because of the music streaming and shipping.

They might not be done shooting everything and editing. I would rather have something now instead of waiting.
They haven't finished shooting yet, I read an F1 comedy website run by the head script writer for GT (and previously Top Gear) and he is still posting pictures of them shooting on his twitter feed.
I always assumed Top Gear had all the films shot sometime in the months leading up to the show, then all the audience/star stuff is done throughout the weeks the show is released. I figured GT would be similar.

User avatar
Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Prophet][ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Oh I'm sure most of the filming is done and its just small bits by now. Looks like they where in Nashville this week.

https://twitter.com/sniffpetrol

OrangeRibbon
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:51 am

Skynet wrote:
Prophet][ wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:
ian wrote:
OrangeRibbon wrote:I just watched the Grand Tour and it was Damn good. I don't know if you need Amazon Prime for it, or you can buy the eps but it is definitely worth it.
You don't NEED prime.. It all comes down to the fact, this is an internet show, why the fuck should I have to wait for it.
I am happy to pay for it, but I'm not waiting.. :olol:
Cool, I have Prime because of the music streaming and shipping.

They might not be done shooting everything and editing. I would rather have something now instead of waiting.
They haven't finished shooting yet, I read an F1 comedy website run by the head script writer for GT (and previously Top Gear) and he is still posting pictures of them shooting on his twitter feed.
I always assumed Top Gear had all the films shot sometime in the months leading up to the show, then all the audience/star stuff is done throughout the weeks the show is released. I figured GT would be similar.
They might be holding on things if they are going to shoot the crowd segments near where they segment section for a later episode is filmed. Like if they wanted to do off roading in Mississippi, it would have been easy to film while they were in Tennessee.

ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by ian » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Episode 2 was a bit of a let down, what with the over use of repeating on a concept that wasn't that good to begin with.
But episode 3 was amazing!!

I liked destroying Jeremy's house... It was the same house Jeremy and James drove Peugeot's into in season 22 episode 5 of Top Gear, which was one of the funniest films they'd ever done.
True, he had been planning on knocking it down and putting a new one up for a LONG time (like almost as soon as he bought it I believe)

James's twitches with the Pink Panther reference, and the bringing back of him wearing a stupid fake mustache were still funny.. Just like in season 14 episode 2 of top gear.

And Killing Simon Pegg this week was great.

I really think that even without them being able to interview celebs (BBC stopped it) They will probably end up getting BETTER celebrities willing to die off on the Grand tour than the BBC will get for star in a reasonably priced car for stuck in 2nd gear...
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by ian » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:14 am

Episode 4 was classic Top Gea.... Grand Tour!!!
Great!

Jeremy Clarkson is timeless.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 9080
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:01 pm


Guess I'm gay then.

It's weird that someone that wears a lot of make up and with hair like that is worried about ice cream making him look gay.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Skynet » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am

I wouldn't say the segment was awful, but it was stupid.

OrangeRibbon
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 am

Skynet wrote:I wouldn't say the segment was awful, but it was stupid.
I think people are being to sensitive. It was just a throw away joke.

OrangeRibbon
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by OrangeRibbon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:13 am

So the Chris Evens episodes of top gear hit Top Gear. Holy hell is Chris bad. I am slowly liking Matt though. I think he is a bit James May-ish.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Skynet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:37 pm

OrangeRibbon wrote:So the Chris Evens episodes of top gear hit Top Gear. Holy hell is Chris bad. I am slowly liking Matt though. I think he is a bit James May-ish.
He's fine on his own, he just doesn't have the chemistry with the others yet.

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 9080
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:37 am


ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: Top Gear/Grand Tour Thread

Post by ian » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:16 pm

He crashed a motorbike earlier in the year as well, he likes his lucky escapes.
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Post Reply