What music are you listening to / buying

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: What music are you listening to / buying

Post by Big Boss Man »

That was when he was feuding with 50 so I might have saw it. I'll probably check it out again anyway.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, it's from 2006 before Doctor's Advocate came out. But he doesn't mention 50 getting the Dr. Dre songs pulled from it, which made him quit Aftermath in protest, so it must have been filmed in late 2005. So it's a little dated but there's some hilarious stuff on there like the G-Unit reenactments, the fake Lloyd Banks picture, Phat Rat looking for Olivia (now that's dated), and some funny lines like "50 is so addicted to snitching he goes to his son's school and tells the teacher when that little nigga be acting up at home."

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I'll have to check it out again as it would have been years since I seen it anyway. Plus I think Game was too good to be part of 50's crew, instead he should have been his equal and when they collaborated together they could have made it a big deal.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Managed to get my hands on "Life 'Til Leather" Remastered, really cool to hear Mustaine on vocals and also The Mechanix, all cleaned up as well, great stuff

I can't get no...

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Very upset by the lack of YEAH'S in hardwired... :(
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Managed to get my hands on "Life 'Til Leather" Remastered, really cool to hear Mustaine on vocals and also The Mechanix, all cleaned up as well, great stuff
There's a limited edition cassette version out too. What I like about hearing demos/outtakes etc is that they usually have a raw/unique sound to them, so remastering can kinda strip that away to a degree, but in this instance they used the original mixes, just cleaned up the audio. There's also a good article about it here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20150303

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote:I'll have to check it out again as it would have been years since I seen it anyway. Plus I think Game was too good to be part of 50's crew, instead he should have been his equal and when they collaborated together they could have made it a big deal.

Lloyd Banks was too good to be 50's back up too. Rotten Apple is a great album. Tony Yayo deserves his fate as 50's less successful Flava Flav. Fuck him. But Lloyd should have been 50's Snoop. Game never fit in even when they liked each other. He just should have been a guy who did guest verses on who happened to be on Aftermath. Asking him to beef with Nas for no reason was bullshit.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea I liked Lloyd too. I also remembering hearing How to Rob years before 50 broke out into the mainstream.

The new Prince set "4ever" has a unreleased track as part of the compilation, "Moonbeam Levels" which was going to be on "1999".

Also Mat, on BBC iplayer there's a short Metallica live set on Rock Show with Daniel P Carter.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, How to Rob was a huge street hit on the mixtape circuit when I was in high school, as was Ghetto Quaran (although that also got him shot by Supreme.) It's funny to think DMX was the man when that came out, that feels like a lifetime ago. He'd do a guest verse for Jay-Z as a favor, now Jay probably wouldn't return his phone call. Drag-On had a hit album, even. Now his big moment was being an Eric Andre Show punchline. Poor guy.

And 50 doesn't even get his shit downloaded for free (but Power is big.) Funny to think Game was left for dead and now is 50s equal 10 years later.

Hip hop moves so fast. Rock bands have it a lot easier. Even one hit wonders in rock can tour forever. Nobody even remembered Paperboy when the show Atlanta had a rapper with the same name but probably me. So his life sucks compared to Belly who were one hit wonders the same year.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

On a Tom Petty kick atm!
It's amazing how consistent he's stayed. You can put on like ANY album from 1976 to 2006 and you're basically guaranteed a solid album with 1 or 2 completely amazing tracks.. Even 1985's southern accents which Is the weak link has don't come around here no more. STOP!
I will now go about getting the last decade of his music, because there's no doubt about quality.

Also found a New love for Bad Religions Generator.
I never really liked the album.. I suppose since it came after no control, and against the grain and before recipe for hate and stranger than fiction which were all great I never considered it good.
But now.. It's better than both No control and against the grain.

And in other news.. New maps of hell Still sucks, even a decade later.. and always will!
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Does anyone find it ironic folks are dropping big money on LPs again when they were seen as defunct when CDs come out. Plus for the prices they charge for new pressings you could find a stack of LPs in a thrift store, charity shop. If I see VHS on the shelves in major retailers again it will even more ironic since there must have been tons upon tons of VHS tapes dumped.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A reminder I need to listen to this masterpiece again.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Yello's new album toy is pretty good, but it's missing something.. It doesn't have the 'WHAT THE FUCK AM I LISTENING TO?' element..
It's like the others, when it's good, it's really good. But it feels less insane than the others.

They have a lot of missing things at the moment. their channel on youtube has I Love You, and a big part of the melody is missing, and the orchestral singing sounds that are like it are gone aswell.
The song has been butchered, which is saddening, because it was probably their best track. It'd be like removing the screams from heavy whispers, or the snare from Swing.

Basically, the new album is more like The Eye (2003).. and it needs to be something closer to You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess (1983) Which is still by far their best album.
-Two Interactive.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Been listening to a lot of Priest lately:

I can't get no...

Iced Coffee Man
Global Mod

Post by Iced Coffee Man »

I went to a Guns n Roses concert on Saturday.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Good work!!! I actually forgot they were touring till last minute, then people wanted $300 for a ticket..

I wouldn't pay $300 even if I got to meet slash, take a photo with his top hat, and got an autograph...
-Two Interactive.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I can't get no...

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've had Seal stuck in my head for 2 weeks.. No matter how many times I hear the songs, or try to listen to anything else, his songs keep flooding my head.
I'm almost at the point of jumping off a fucking bridge to escape it.. It's not that seal is bad, but not good enough to be stuck in my head for this long..
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A man decides after seventy years, that what he goes there for, is to unlock the door