Holy fuck. I AM OLD!! AND MUSIC IS TO BLAME!!!

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Holy fuck. I AM OLD!! AND MUSIC IS TO BLAME!!!

Post by ian »

I was 9 when my brother went into highschool and started listening to Metallica.. And being a youngster with a cool older brother, I got certain perks at the time (like getting all the shit my parents said I was too young for)

Metallica's Load is 20 years old!! Like this month..
HOW IN THE FUCK?!?! True it was a pretty shit album all up.. When I was 9 I liked 2 songs off it... And now I'm 29 I like the same 2 songs (until it sleeps and King nothing)
And whats making the being old feeling worse, I first heard Daft Punk in 1997... I was 10 when I first discovered Daft punk.. and now I'm nearly 30..
3 more years and I can say I've liked The offspring and Bad Religion for 20 years.

And most of the music I like is from the late 60's - early 80's
:oshocked:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Holy fuck. I AM OLD!! AND MUSIC IS TO BLAME!!!

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Back in Ian's day, he used to tie an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time, and ask for five bees for a quarter.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Back in Ian's day, he used to tie an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time, and ask for five bees for a quarter.
I also tell interesting stories about currency!! I set the toaster to 3, Medium Brown!!
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

HOW IN THE FUCK?!?! True it was a pretty shit album all up.. When I was 9 I liked 2 songs off it... And now I'm 29 I like the same 2 songs (until it sleeps and King nothing)
I kind of liked Hero of the Day and Bleeding Me, too.

Reload was worse. Memory Remains was the only good song. I bought that CD the day it came out and only listened to it twice probably.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Other albums from 1996 I liked and feel old thinking about it.

2pac - All Eyez on Me
Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music
Bad Religion - The Gray Race
Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
Pantera - Great Southern Trendkill
Beck - Odelay
Nas - It Was Written
Prince - Chaos & Disorder
Weezer - Pinkerton
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album
Tricky - Pre-Millennium Tension
Prince - Emancipation
Mobb Deep - Hell on Earth

'96 was a pretty good year for music.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote:
I kind of liked Hero of the Day and Bleeding Me, too.

Reload was worse. Memory Remains was the only good song. I bought that CD the day it came out and only listened to it twice probably.
Reload cops SO MUCH SHIT.. Almost, ALMOST as Much as St. Anger..

Reload wasn't bad in my Eyes... Fuel and the unforgiven 2 were good! The memory remains and Low mans lyric were fucking awesome... And I'd take those 2 tracks over anything from ride the lightning and master of puppets any day
Better than you and where the wild things are were OK.

The problem with reload, is if you listened to it next to and justice for all or the black album.. of course it was going to seem shit :olol:
and if you were an early fan.. than anything outside of the 80's is shit.. :olol:

IMO I think reload is better than load.. But then again my opinion doesn't count because I think St. Anger is Better than Death Magnetic.. :rofl:

Only thing about death magnetic I like is all nightmare long.. That's it.. If the album didn't exist at all aside from that one song.. MEH at least St. Anger had Frantic and St. Anger before the album sank into a steaming pile of shit!!! :olol:
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Bandit wrote:Other albums from 1996 I liked and feel old thinking about it.
Bad Religion - The Gray Race
This is a great talking point for me.. :olol:

After 94's stranger than fiction (best punk album ever in my eyes).. Gurewitz left, and this album was basically Graffin by himself. And it's ALMOST as good.. Grag Graffin IS Bad Religion.. The band didn't suffer at all from not having Gurewitz.. And after he came back it took a long fucking time to get good again
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

At least Mr. Brett has a great story from 1996. He went to rehab in a limo with some guys from Pennywise and smoked so much crack in the limo the smoke blinded the driver and he almost drove off of the road which could have killed everybody. But he went to rehab like a true rock star. :lol: