What have you been watching on TV?

TV, movies, music, comics
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Big Boss Man » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:39 pm

A topic about the shows/movies/documentaries you've been watching on TV.

I've been checking out OZ, they did show it over here back in the day but I must have missed it. Anyway it has a real rawness to it and I have been watching it almost from the beginning the first few episodes aren't on at the moment. So far I'm in the mid point of Season 2. I'm avoiding spoilers so it will be interesting to see where the story leads to. I like real epic dramas ala Breaking Bad with a real true to life element to them so OZ has been something I'm like I should have watched this year's ago. I always watched the OJ Made in America 30 for 30 a few months back and if you have an interest in the whole story then I definitely recommend checking it out. A few other shows I've been watching

NFL Hard Knocks
Who Do You Think You Are (US version of the show)
Shades of Blue
TNA and WWE (although right now I find TNA more intriguing)
Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theories (Jesse is one of my favourites as a wrestling fan so I always try and check out things he's in. This show kinda is on the side of kayfaberry where I think when they get to the truth the show ends and then I don't know if they have acted upon the things they've found out. So i dont know what the premise of the show is to point out theres a conspiracy a foot?. Funniest one which was unintentionally hilarious was one with Jess and David Icke and Dave going on about reptilian lifeforms and such.)

User avatar
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:55 pm

AFL
WWE

That's about it besides random repeats of old shows on the digital channels. I watch more stuff on Youtube than on TV these days.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Skynet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Last Week Tonight is the most regular thing I watch besides random stuff on my media PC or Netflix.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 4924
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Bandit » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 pm

MTV Classics, the new channel where they show 80s and 90s stuff from MTV (ie Unplugged, Beavis & Butthead, Real World, old VMAs, classic music videos) is my new go-to channel besides NFL Network and ESPN.

Of shows I never missed this year:

Real Time With Bill Maher
Last Week Tonight
Preacher
Mr. Robot
30 For 30
UFC Tonight
A Football Life (like A&E's Biography for NFL players)
The First 48
Tosh.0
Key & Peele
South Park
The Eric Andre Show
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

And then stuff like Simpsons reruns as long as they're pre-2003, CNN, movies, ect.
I always watched the OJ Made in America 30 for 30 a few months back and if you have an interest in the whole story then I definitely recommend checking it out.
All 30 for 30's are great, but Made In America is hands down the greatest documentary of any kind I've seen in years. "Amy" was great, but this was better. I saved it on my DVR and watched it in full twice. The footage of the OJ prank show made in the 2000s (that believe it or not no network would touch) was stunning. He had balls. If you haven't seen the doc, imagine Snoop Dogg's old MTV show Doggy Fizzle Televizzle but starring OJ Simpson doing pranks and hanging out with fucking Beetlejuice from Howard Stern and D-list porn skanks. It was amazing, I'd pay for a DVD of the show.

User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Big Boss Man » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 am

All 30 for 30's are great, but Made In America is hands down the greatest documentary of any kind I've seen in years.
Yea thats true I check them all out, also the ESPN Films ones which are kinda part of the series and SEC Storied. I was on a tablet so it autocorrected also to always (?!) for some reason. The one about the Bills was another one I enjoyed recently. I also try and check out The Simpsons, South Park too. King of the Hill when it's on. I also like 'A Football Life', I've seen mostly all of those too. I watch Ultimate Fighter when it's on.
I watch more stuff on Youtube than on TV these days.
...besides random stuff on my media PC or Netflix.
I watch old music documentaries on Youtube etc and things like old wrestling shows and interviews too. I watched one interview recently with Hot Rod talking about the cult classic movie 'They Live'. I found it whilst watching old clips of Sting, Hulk & Roddy on TV:Am. Funny in hindsight that Hulk was open about the WWF being predetermined, yet Sting kept with the kayfabe explanation saying that the fans think WCW is the more 'realer' promotion. Rod was promoting his singing career. I think now with Netflix, Amazon Prime etc there's so much content out there it's difficult to keep up with everything. So I usually just pick and choose things of interest and what I like as a viewer, instead of following popular trends. I also watched something called 60 Days In recently which is like a reality show where outsiders spend 60 days in jail but have to keep their own identity secret. Think it's on the A&E network in the US and they are making a new season now with one of the contestants wifes. But in general I don't watch reality shows because of their scriptedness, but stuff like The Osbournes I liked back in the day, mainly for Ozzy's escapades.

ET's Gay Lover
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by ET's Gay Lover » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Recently I have been watching on television: Stephen Hawking - Masters of the universe; Stephen Hawking - Genius; Wonders of the Solar System, hosted by Professor Brian Cox and; Cosmos - a space-time odyssey, presented by Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson.
I do not know what to write as my signature. :dontknow"

User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Big Boss Man » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:47 am

I've been watching America's Game about the past Superbowl winners recently. Also old Red Dwarf episodes, I think they did a big leap forward production wise for the third series.

User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Big Boss Man » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:42 am

"60 Days In" is back~!

Also been watching "Ballers" with Rock in and the NFL~!. We get 45min highlights of games here so it's a cool way to watch the major plays of the game without the ad breaks. Not sure if it's on the NFL Network or aired in the US but NFL Undiscovered is well worth checking out.

User avatar
Bandit
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 4924
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Bandit » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:09 am

Yeah it's on NFL Network.

User avatar
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Big Boss Man » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:00 am

It's worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

User avatar
Matisfaction
Global Mod
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:52 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Matisfaction » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:15 am

Finished watching Stranger things last week, highly enjoyable; think Goonies meets X-files/Stephen King.

Robot Wars coming back was pretty cool and also "Joanna Lumley's Japan" (she owns it!) has been very good thus far.

Also NXT and CWC has amazingly got me back into Wrestling. :shock:

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Skynet » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:57 am

I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3 of Black Mirror on Netflix. They managed to hold onto the fucked upness of the Black Mirror show in this new one. For anyone that's seen it, my thoughts on the episodes I've seen so far. I'll try to avoid spoilers.

Episode 1 - This type of shit pisses me off. Mainly because I know people who use social media like the outlined in the episode. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it became this bad in future.

Episode 2 - This was fairly predictable, but I liked the concept. The ending was a little fucked up, but for the most part the episode was pretty good.

Episode 3 - I wanted to feel sorry for the main character, and I still do to an extent, but Jesus Christ everyone just sucks in this episode. I don't mean the writing or the actors, the characters are just all shitty. :olol:

User avatar
Prophet][
Fighting Mongooses
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Prophet][ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:57 pm

I've been watching the new season of Narcos on Netflix, its a great production.

I also like the 30 for 30 on ESPN. I have all 5 parts of the OJ Simpson doco on my PVR but haven't had the time to watch them yet. Need to take a sick day and have a marathon.

User avatar
Matisfaction
Global Mod
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:52 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Matisfaction » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:37 pm

I've mostly been watching Deadwood, Red Dwarf XI and there's a new ep of Westworld I need to catch up on.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Skynet » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:55 am

Matisfaction wrote:and there's a new ep of Westworld I need to catch up on.
You definitely do need to catch up on that.

User avatar
harrizone
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:11 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by harrizone » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 am

Skynet wrote:I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3 of Black Mirror on Netflix. They managed to hold onto the fucked upness of the Black Mirror show in this new one. For anyone that's seen it, my thoughts on the episodes I've seen so far. I'll try to avoid spoilers.

Episode 1 - This type of shit pisses me off. Mainly because I know people who use social media like the outlined in the episode. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it became this bad in future.

Episode 2 - This was fairly predictable, but I liked the concept. The ending was a little fucked up, but for the most part the episode was pretty good.

Episode 3 - I wanted to feel sorry for the main character, and I still do to an extent, but Jesus Christ everyone just sucks in this episode. I don't mean the writing or the actors, the characters are just all shitty. :olol:
I was just about to ask if anyone had seen it yet! I think if anything Charlie Brooker's writing has got even stronger. At first I was a little concerned it would get a bit 'Hollywoodised' because it's on Netflix, but actually the extra budget just makes it stronger IMO because they're able to be more ambitious. Have you seen the fourth episode yet? That stuff will make even the steeliest of hearts melt!

OrangeRibbon
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by OrangeRibbon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:10 am

Mostly Netflix / Hulu. I don't have cable anymore. As far as broadcast TV, I just watch Fox sunday night mainly out of tradition.

User avatar
Skynet
Site Admin
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Skynet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 am

harrizone wrote:
Skynet wrote:I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 3 of Black Mirror on Netflix. They managed to hold onto the fucked upness of the Black Mirror show in this new one. For anyone that's seen it, my thoughts on the episodes I've seen so far. I'll try to avoid spoilers.

Episode 1 - This type of shit pisses me off. Mainly because I know people who use social media like the outlined in the episode. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it became this bad in future.

Episode 2 - This was fairly predictable, but I liked the concept. The ending was a little fucked up, but for the most part the episode was pretty good.

Episode 3 - I wanted to feel sorry for the main character, and I still do to an extent, but Jesus Christ everyone just sucks in this episode. I don't mean the writing or the actors, the characters are just all shitty. :olol:
I was just about to ask if anyone had seen it yet! I think if anything Charlie Brooker's writing has got even stronger. At first I was a little concerned it would get a bit 'Hollywoodised' because it's on Netflix, but actually the extra budget just makes it stronger IMO because they're able to be more ambitious. Have you seen the fourth episode yet? That stuff will make even the steeliest of hearts melt!
I was meant to come back to this thread and update that. Yeah I've now seen all the episodes. I watched them all within about 48 hours of them coming out. I can't wait for more Black Mirror, the show is great!

User avatar
harrizone
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:11 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by harrizone » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Skynet wrote:I was meant to come back to this thread and update that. Yeah I've now seen all the episodes. I watched them all within about 48 hours of them coming out. I can't wait for more Black Mirror, the show is great!
I'm still only on episode 4, so not long to go. I was amazed to find out a friend of mine had never even seen it before, so we watched from the start of series 1 anyway. Is it just me who finds that episode (edit: series 1, episode 1) hilarious? I introduced it as 'the only funny Black Mirror' episode, but they didn't find it funny at all...

ian
Null Dream Team
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by ian » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 am

Im finishing Red dwarf s11 then catching up on south park, and by the time it's all done I'll have the grand tour. :cow:
The English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

Post Reply