South Park Season XX

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

South Park Season XX

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: South Park Season XX

Post by Bandit »

I love smarmy SJW Cartman.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

We'll get the new South Park on Friday. I'm wondering if they will continue the story from last season with PC Bro. Cartman's by far my favorite South Park character, used to have a much funnier voice too

What they do now is pitch Trey's voice up to sound like Eric's so Cartman doesn't sound the same like in the earlier episodes. A bit like with The Simpsons when Homer's voice is different in the first few seasons.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I 'MEMBER!!!

'Member when there weren't so many Mexicans?
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

and for some reason, garrison saying "OH JEEZ" all the time was funny.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Oh shit they're going hard at the pretentiousness of A Milo/Leslie Jones supporters war.

WITH A LEN SONG!!!!! :rofl:

Though TBH Steal my Sunshine would win song and record of the year in 2017 Grammy awards

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Don't dig this season as much as the last one, as it was a real return to form, plus they had an interesting story arc going which it ended the season on like a cliffhanger with Jimmy finding out the truth about what was going on. Plus the trolling stuff seems kinda outdated when there's much more stuff they could cover. Granted some might be too raw but I think Matt & Trey have a clever way of getting important points across and making statements without being too in your face. So yea, so far it's a little hit & miss for me, but it might pick up as the season goes on.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I agree it isn't as good as last year so far. But I don't think the trolling plot is dated. The Leslie Jones and Lena Dunham incidents were in August and of course Trey and Matt are going to think getting upset about social media is ridiculous.

As far as other stuff, I think they're waiting to see the debates before they get heavy into Garrison/Hillary.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Good point, although they just covered trolling last season when Cartman had his tweets vetted because he was offended by them. But maybe having Kyle's dad as the troll it shows that trolls can be anyone and they don't just fit the usual stereotype(s). But when there's a huge amount of stuff they could cover I think a general storyline theme about trolling isn't very groundbreaking. Perhaps some talking points they could cover are too raw. The hottest topic would be ones to deal with racism/racial stereotypes and now they have an ideal chance to make a real statement, but maybe it's too controversial a topic right now.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

although they just covered trolling last season when Cartman had his tweets vetted because he was offended by them.
True. But that joke was a combination of A) Cartman being the most insulting person on the planet now suddenly getting his feelings hurt and B) mocking Gigi Hadid for that absolutely ridiculous "PEOPLE SAY I AM FAT BUT I AM GOING TO KEEP MODELING SO NOW I AM A ROLE MODEL FOR GIRLS!" bullshit when nobody ever called her fat.

This is more mocking how melodramatically millennials take their online reputations to where leaving would be the same as dying. And pointing out that the old "all trolls are just fat guys who live in their parents' basement!" retort from celebrities isn't necessarily true and lots of people troll because it's funny to piss someone off.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

although they just covered trolling last season when Cartman had his tweets vetted because he was offended by them.

True. But that joke was a combination of A) Cartman being the most insulting person on the planet now suddenly getting his feelings hurt and B) mocking Gigi Hadid for that absolutely ridiculous "PEOPLE SAY I AM FAT BUT I AM GOING TO KEEP MODELING SO NOW I AM A ROLE MODEL FOR GIRLS!" bullshit when nobody ever called her fat.
Yea, but the trolling topic is kinda passe really when there's other more important things they could cover. It's also probably one of the easiest topics they can do a show about. Although maybe they are treading carefully because at the end of the day they are just a cartoon and there's other folks who can make real statements and social commentary.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Right, not saying I like the idea (although I don't dislike it either), but just saying they surely took notice of the Leslie Jones stuff and the female Ghostbusters ordeal, so that brought back trolling as a news story for a few weeks (which probably would be when they laid out the first two episodes general ideas. So that was fresher to them than the Trump stuff, who looked pretty much done for last summer before the past weeks, and Comedy Central probably forbade them to do a serious ISIS episode.)

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Butters protesting the National Anthem :rofl2:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I have to catch up on this season.. I'm only 2 episodes in. Been watching too many movies lately.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Mr. Garrison as Donald Trump as Andrew Dice Clay might be an obvious joke, but it made me laugh.

It wasn't as good as last week, but it's impossible to top Sheila missing on Gerald as Ike watches.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It looked likely they just added one scene and edited out calling Bill Clinton "First Gentleman" to me.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

TIL that running for president gives you a dry penis.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Cher made me laugh like a moron!
-Two Interactive.