Kanye West thread: The Rock vs Kanye 2020

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Kanye West thread: The Rock vs Kanye 2020

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kanye West Offers Cash To Sydney Artist To Remove Mural

Kanye West’s management has reportedly offered an artist a “chunk of money” to paint over a controversial mural of the rapper.

Australian artist Scott Marsh completed a large scale artwork which depicts Kanye passionately kissing himself on a whitewashed wall in the quiet Teggs Lane of Chippendale in Sydney’s inner west earlier this month (Mar16).

The image shows one version of Kanye wearing a grey dress decorated with flowers embracing another Kanye who is sporting a black suit with his hands gripping the other’s buttocks.

It is an interpretation of an Internet meme that circulated after Kanye and his wife Kim Kardashian were photographed kissing on the red carpet at last year’s Grammy Awards (15).

Now, it seems that the 38-year-old isn’t too impressed with the looming portrait and reportedly wants Scott to paint over it.

Scott alleges that he has been contacted by someone claiming to be from the American hip hop artist’s management offering him a “pretty decent chunk of money” to wipe-out the image.

In return, Scott requested a six-figure payment and a lifetime supply of Kanye’s signature brand of Yeezy sneakers.

“I’m offering an oversized print which has been painted over for $US100,000 (£69,000),” Scott told ABC Sydney Radio on Wednesday (30Mar16).

“It’s an open invitation to Kanye. If he buys that print then I’ll paint over the mural.”

Scott also admitted he was not convinced that the email from Kanye’s management was genuine.

But he posted an image of the mural on Instagram alongside the hashtag kanyeloveskanye, noting: “Because we all know that Kanye Loves Kanye”.

The image of Kanye has made international headlines and was designed to sit opposite a large mural by a different artist which shows his reality television star wife naked.

However, the image of Kim, 35, may be short-lived as well, after the City of Sydney Council ordered the owner of the adjoining bar to remove it following a complaint from a neighbour.

Source: Noise11

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Kanye West cuts short New York festival gig after Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kanye West cuts short New York festival gig after Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint

Fans and Meadows Festival onlookers were shocked to see Kanye West stopped mid-Heartless song by a man running onstage, only to be told by the 39-year-old rapper: "Sorry guys, family emergency I have to leave the show."

It's being reported that his wife Kim Kardashian West, 35, was being held an gunpoint in a Paris hotel. She has been attending Paris Fashion Week, including Balmain and Balenciaga runways shows.

She was held hostage in her hotel room by "two armed masked gunmen dressed as police officers, she is badly shaken but physically unharmed", her publicist Ina Treciokas told CNN.

She was on Snapchat just an hour before West cut his show short. She posted a video of herself FaceTiming with Blac Chynaduring a baby shower with Rob Kardashian.

West had reportedly been performing 20 minutes at the festival in Queens, New York, when the news broke from his publicist.

The Yeezus hip-hop mogul was the headliner of the two day music and arts festival, which featured Australia's Empire Of The Sun, as well as Chance The Rapper, The 1975, Damian Marley and J. Cole.

His abrupt announcement appears to have closed the festival with the Meadows New York City posting to Twitter: "Due to an emergency, Kanye West had to end his performance early. Please get home safely."

Source: The Age

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: Kanye West cuts short New York festival gig after Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint

Post by ian »

something about I'mma let you finish but.
If she'd have gotten shot, it would have been god getting even with him for daring to go onto a stage that Beck was on!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: Kanye West cuts short New York festival gig after Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint

Post by Bandit »

She made a huge deal about getting into a fender bender once. So we're never going to hear the end of this.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

According to a police source who spoke to Reuters, five gunmen took millions of dollars of jewellery from her luxury residence in central Paris early on Monday.

Her engagement ring alone - a 15 carat square-shaped solitaire diamond set on a thin pave band - is worth more than $1.25 million. It is not yet known whether that has been stolen.

The armed men robbed Kardashian West at gunpoint at around 3 am local time before tying her up and locking her in a bathroom.

Police officials, who were not authorised to be speaking about the investigation, said five armed, masked men stole a jewellery box containing valuables worth more than $8 million as well as a ring worth about $5.8 million.

The men, who are still at large, fled on bikes. The officials confirmed Kardashian West was not physically harmed.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Kanye West thread: The Rock vs Kanye 2020

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

People are walking out of Kanye's concert in San Jose right now
He is about 60 minutes into his set and about his 40th minute of rant. He is right now on his.....7th rant, i think. The current one is something about trump and Hillary and education and running the whole election in 2020. It's so boring and people around me are baffled. This guy is, unfortunately, losing his mind.
Just got back from the show—Kanye was super duper trippin tonight. Like even for Kanye this shit was extensive. It felt like he only played, 15ish songs in total over 3 hours (he probably played more), but really he cut half of those songs off mid-way to continue his rant and there was zeroooo vibes. After the first 20 minutes of rant, I still had some hope that he could save the show... but then he started clownin on the audience, and he pretty much lost us. I really did loose it when he cut Blood on the Leaves... smh, he did not care about the audience at all tonight.

One thing I want to note though, is this rant seemed very calculated—like he knew he was going to come out tonight and say some shit to get everyone riled up. He started his first little rant with some "Do you think there are Trump supporters in the arena tonight?" then 20 minutes later escalated to "I didn't vote, but I liked some of the things Trump was saying", to about 30 minutes later when he finally dropped the "I would have voted for Trump" on us. It felt like there were levels to this rant, that he was building up to, it definitely was not spontaneous—he came out on a mission to say this shit. You gotta remember too San Jose, we're talking huge Latino population, right in the heart of liberal California, he reallllllllly took this to the crowd that would be displeased the most.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Remember when Axl Rose was doing stuff like this in 1992? Kanye needs a "THANKS TO THE LAME ASS SECURITY I'M GOING HOME! (Mic slam)" riot.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Money well spent by those in attendance.

Someone should tell him about Youtube and Facebook, places where he can rant for hours & hours a day if he wants.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I want Kanye as a YouTube Shooter and movie reviewer. He should rant about Arrival. (I had a funny Kanye line about it, but it would spoil the ending.)

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kanye West Cancels All Remaining Saint Pablo Tour Dates
A representative for Kanye West has confirmed to Pitchfork that the remaining dates on the Saint Pablo tour have been cancelled and “tickets will be fully refunded at point of purchase.” Recently, a makeup concert in Los Angeles was cancelled hours before doors were set to open. The day before, Kanye cut his set in Sacramento short after three songs and an extended rant. Earlier to that, he told a crowd that “he would’ve voted for Trump,” causing backlash from the music community. The tour, in support of his 2016 album The Life of Pablo, kicked off in August.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kanye West hospitalised after cancelling tour

On the same day he cancelled his Saint Pablo concert tour, Kanye West has reportedly been hospitalised and put under observation.

Quoting "police sources," TMZ report that West, 39, was admitted to UCLA Medical Centre for a psychiatric evaluation at 1.20pm Monday local time.

They add that he did not want to be admitted to hospital, however, a representative for the father-of-two, who asked not to be named, told The New York Times the call had come from the his doctor and he was taken willingly.

NBC News add that "no criminal activity was involved" and the decision to hospitalise West was "for his own health and safety".
Related Content

The Los Angeles Fire Department could not confirm whether West was involved for legal reasons, but their spokesperson told Rolling Stone: "At 1.20 pm today, the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to an unspecified medical aid request in the 900-block of North Laurel Avenue. An adult male described as medically stable was taken to an area hospital for further assessment."

Before reports emerged of West's hospitalisation, his mother-in-law and Keeping Up with the Kardashians matriarch, Kris Jenner, told reporters on the red carpet at The Angel Ball on Monday night in New York that West was "exhausted".

Earlier in the day, the rapper cancelled all 21 dates of his current tour Saint Pablo, a day after backing out of his Los Angeles show at the last minute.

"Tickets will be fully refunded within 5-7 business days," promoters Live Nation tweeted.

Known for his outrageous comments and erratic behaviour, the rapper caught attention at a gig in Sacramento on Saturday, where he performed just three songs, before venting in a 20 minute tirade, singling out Beyonce, long-time friend Jay Z, Mark Zuckerberg, Google and Hillary Clinton.

"Beyonce, I was hurt because I heard that you said you wouldn't perform unless you won Video of the Year [at the MTV Music Awards] over me and over Hotline Bling. Now, don't go trying to diss Beyonce. She is great. Taylor Swift is great. We are all great people. We are all people. But sometimes we be playing the politics too much and forgetting who we are just to win. F--- winning. F--- looking cool. F--- being cool," he said.

"I been sent here to give y'all my truth, even at the risk of my own life, my own success, my own career," he added.

He then pleaded with his Watch the Throne partner Jay Z to reconnect with him: "You still ain't called me. Jay Z, I know you got killers. Please don't send them at my head. Please call me. Talk to me like a man."

West has previously said that Jay Z did not get in touch following the Kim Kardashian West robbery in Paris on October 3 when she was held at gunpoint by five men dressed as policemen.

He learned of the incident while performing in New York and abruptly left the stage citing a "family emergency" to fly to Paris to be by her side.

The reality TV star and entrepreneur has been keeping a low profile ever since, staying off all social media platforms. It is believed that she had planned to make her first official public appearance on Monday night at The Angel Ball that honoured her late father, Robert Kardashian, alongside her mother and sisters Kourtney and Khloe but decided against it once word emerged about her husband's condition.

The pair have two children together North, three, and Saint, 11 months.

West has often opened up about his struggles with mental health.

Most recently on song Feedback from new album The Life of Pablo, he repeatedly raps, "I been outta my mind a long time... Name one genius that ain't crazy."

After his mother Donda West, 58, passed away in November 2007 following complications from cosmetic surgery, he sang in his 2012 hit, Clique: "Went through deep depression when my mamma passed / Suicide what kind of talk is that."

In 2010, he also spoke about times when he "contemplated suicide", before adding: "I will not give up on life again. There's so many people that will never get the chance to have their voice heard. I do it for them."

Fairfax Media has asked a representative for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West for comment.

Source: The Age

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I guess we know the answer to that Kevin Hart joke now.
The Angel Ball that honoured her late father, Robert Kardashian
Shouldn't it be called Demon Ball then? That guy was a piece of shit.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He apparently isn't backing off the Trump thing because he just showed up to meet Trump an hour ago.