The Jim Cornette Thread

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: The Jim Cornette Thread

Post by Ocelot » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 am

You aren't going to bring kayfabe back. *sigh* Let the old girl die.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 am

It's not about bringing Kayfabe back, Cornette's beef has always been about how "Modern Wrestling" is presented. Which again, I think he makes a fair point about.

He watched Raw this week and that's where most of his critism is aimed at, he actually puts over most of the roster

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:35 am

On that he and I are in agreement.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 am

He has valid points I agree with. But he takes things to such an extreme he wants to shit on New Japan. When he does that he just comes off like he's being the ultimate contrarian just to troll people. Vince Russo also does that. But Cornette is better than Russo so should be more measured with his criticism. Because his "I hate Kenny Omega" fixation is exactly like Russo's "I hate Kevin Owens" fixation. It just seems like they're digging in because they don't want to admit they were being silly.

And if AEW presents wrestling like it was a real sport in how they hype matches as they say they will, he's boxed himself in to having to hate it anyway even if they followed his advice of borrowing from the UFC for fight hype. "Yeah, but Kenny Omega did something wacky 10 years ago, so fuck them."

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 pm

He calls Mance Warner his favorite. The current world champion in CZW who is famous for deathmatches.