Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Jim Cornette Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Steve Shives being a Cornette mark amuses me.
I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm not sure who he is, but his twitter bio says he lives in Sharpsburg, Maryland so I feel bad for him.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

He's one of those Social Justice "White males are the problem" types (with a YooToob channel).

Cornette would hate this guy if he ever met him.
I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Then he's the only SJW in that town. It's a farm town with nothing to do in it. One of those places you just drive through to get to somewhere else. I'll guarantee you everybody who lives there (and it's not many) voted for Trump but him.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Well at least he's keeping himself busy...
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I'd never heard of him before. Cornette retweeted him and his tweet was the only one with the show embedded in it.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Cornette would retweet anyone who has a dislike for Trump, Russo or Herd.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

If that's true that's fucking ridiculous. Cornette has already won the beef. Russo is going to be remembered as a clown who got lucky, Cornette will be remembered as a great mind in the business. So you're going to risk going to jail for paying off a guy to beat up or kill the guy, when you already won at life? And he can't even use the young & dumb excuse like rappers doing that shit, these are men in their 50s.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Jim paying someone to kill Russo seems far-fetched. Having him roughed up? Not so far-fetched.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, I hope that just some dumb mark trying to talk big. But even beating him up is absurd. Jim won, nobody credits Russo for anything and Jim has more money since Russo has said he lost most of his WCW money in the dotcom bubble burst in 2001 and recession of 2008. If he wants to use his influence with Jarrett and connections to Vince to see to it he never works in wrestling ever again that's one thing. But a 56 year old man resorting to any kind of violence over bullshit that happened 10-20 years ago is insane.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Sounds like one of Russo's shitty story lines. Bolin has had an Axe to grind ever since he was dropped from TGBL's network.

The New Bolin alley was basically Bolin + immediate family just ripping Cornette to pieces, I'm surprised the second episode was even released as it was just that awful.
I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, but having your son accuse your friend of 40 years of plotting to murder somebody would take a complete sociopath to lie about. I don't know much about Kenny, is he capable of that?

I mean, Cornette was clearly saying he was going to pull a gun on Russo during the "I want to show you a surprise and I can't wait to see the look on your face" part of his rant. So it's not like he's accusing the Dalai Lama of this out of thin air.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bound for Glory is headed to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Impact Wrestling announced today that the Aberdeen Pavilion would be hosting the pay-per-view on November 5th, with television tapings also set for the venue on November 6-10.

When the word got out that the tapings were being moved to Canada, a number of people in wrestling inquired about the status of Jim Cornette, who has been all over the recent television shows as the head of authority for the promotion.

Cornette hasn't been to Canada for years because he was turned away at the border in 2010 when they ran his record, which included a number of assaults, mostly stemming from incidents involving fights with fans who attacked him while he was a manager at matches in the 80s. He had been going to Canada for years, including his WWF run, with no incident, prior to 2010. When he worked for ROH, he never attended the shows in Toronto.

Because of that, Cornette won't be at the next set of tapings and is done with the promotion, which he said there is no heat over and it's just a matter of circumstances.

Cornette is expected to go into more detail on this on his podcast on Thursday.

GFW officials confirmed his being done yesterday as did Cornette today. Cornette noted that he came to GFW after being called in August by Jeff Jarrett, and the agreement was just to work one set of television tapings to facilitate a few storylines, which were the stripping of the championship from Alberto El Patron and the gauntlet match, the on-screen firing of Bruce Prichard so he could return as a heel manager, and to try and make Anthem Sports & Entertainment babyfaces to the wrestling fans.

After the tapings, he and Jarrett agreed that he would come back for Bound for Glory and for a few days at the next tapings in November. Cornette didn't know his status with Jarrett now out of the company and the company's creative, headed by Scott D'Amore and Sonjay Dutt, said to be more focused on in-ring action and less on authority figure angles.

Cornette hadn't heard from anyone in the company other than Bob Ryder, who told him not to believe what he read on the Internet, and spoke to Dutch Mantell, where he explained with the tapings being done in Canada that he wouldn't be able to appear.

Cornette agreed to come to Nashville and do whatever would be needed on camera to do a storyline exit. Right now there is nothing on the table for it.
That was fast.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cornette vs Santino

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Guy walking by: "Give him the Cobra!" :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The next JCE/Drive Thru should be fun.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah. "I'm just trying to ignore him like everybody else in the business" was a classic Cornette line.

And like the old Johnny Cash joke about his closet being filled with a dozen of the same suit, I think Cornette has a dozen of those same pants. I think he's worn those in 75% of his shoots.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He probably got a lot of them for free or very cheap.