Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer said Nia's social media behavior towards Alexa isn't a work, they had some kind of recent incident where they're no longer friends.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

This is strange. A twitter account for WWE gifs to talk about the Subway sub sandwich restaurant. This person has been doing this for three years. Is this viral marketing? https://www.twitter.com/WWESubway

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Not sure how I feel about Ric posting those ESPN Body Issue pictures on Charlotte on Instagram. "Look at my daughter's ass wooooooo!"

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

With Lesnar basically we're back at the "is this another work?" stage. But Daniel Cormier was doing interviews talking for sure like Brock was coming in within the next 6-8 months and the winner of his fight with Stipe would be facing him.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Lesnar has my respect for taking Vince's bullshit and turning it right around and making all that money. Motherfucking old school shit right there.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

His idea of dressing up is wearing a shirt he didn't cut the sleeves off of.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He should have worn one of those tuxedo t-shirts.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bakersfield police have commented on the dog attack that has put Shinsuke Nakamura on the shelf.

They have issued the following statement:

“On Monday, June 25, 2018, officers of the Bakersfield Police Department Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Team were conducting a protective sweep of the Rabobank Arena in preparation for the WWE Live Summerslam Heatwave Tour" the statement says.

“During the sweep, the EOD Team, which consisted of an explosive detection trained canine team and bomb technicians entered an area of the arena where an employee of the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) was present. The canine entered the room to sweep for the presence of any explosive material. As the sweep took place the WWE employee was accidentally bit by the canine. The employee sustained an injury to his lower left leg. Medical aid was immediately summoned to the scene and the employee was transported to a local area hospital for medical treatment.”

It was reported yesterday afternoon that Nakamura was bitten by a police dog, rendering him unable to compete in a planned match against Jeff Hardy for the United States championship on SmackDown. His status for this weekend’s shows in Japan is also currently up in the air. There is no current timetable for a return.
He tried to fight back by low blowing the dog but it was neutered.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dang, that dog must have tore Naks lower leg up if there's no timetable for his return.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

My grandfather was a breeder of German Shepherds for the Baltimore PD K-9 unit. Those dogs are trained to incapacitate a person if there is a threat. But they're trained very thoroughly on commands and suspect actions. So I wonder if he was joking around and antagonized the dog not realizing about how K-9 dogs are in America. There's something more to the story. German Shepherds are very intelligent and when trained aren't fight starters like pit bulls or something.

As for the bite. I got a bad hand bite from one of my grandfather's dogs when I was 12. I couldn't write at school for a month. So putting weight on his leg when the muscle had big dog teeth puncturing it, along with needing to be safe as a wrestler, makes me think if it was really bad he could be out 1-3 months depending on severity.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK cool. Yea I can't see a police dog randomly attacking him for no reason. That makes no sense since like you say they are specially trained and won't just bite unless they felt threatened. Maybe he was doing his gimmick with his hands and the dog thought he was a threat so went after him. From the police statement
The canine entered the room to sweep for the presence of any explosive material. As the sweep took place the WWE employee was accidentally bit by the canine.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer said the dog bite wasn't as big of a deal as some made it out to be. He did go to the hospital because they recommend the bites be cleaned and antibiotics be given. But at most he'll miss a weekend. It's not like he has a huge wound.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Now I want to see AJ do Chocolate Rain with the Chocolate Rain guy.

Asuka's had a busy day.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Nakamura will be back in two more weeks.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

watched the first part of the uk championship last night, decent show & the crowd was definatly not to Vinces liking I'm guessing with the comments thrown at some of the wrestlers, Gibson in particular in the first match, made me laugh though. Hopefully part 2 will be just as fun