WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Finished watching HITC. New Day/ Usos was great. Since turning heel Jimmy and Jay have really stepped up. Nakamura has a great entrance but he's just not clicking in ring unfortunately. He's someone I'd bring in more as a special attraction from NJPW into NXT. Shane/KO was great too. One day Shane O Mac is going to really hurt himself bad. Other matches were OK to good so I'd give HITC a thumbs up.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dana said Conor has never talked to the WWE about Wrestlemania and showed a reporter a text message from Vince telling him he's never been asked about coming in.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Holy fuck. That guy cracked in two seconds. "They're drug tested" to "Well, it's not a sport, so they can get HGH if they want." He will be fired ASAP if he's still working for HHH.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Nia Jax has reportedly followed Neville in quitting WWE.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Thank god. She was the shits. She was eventually going to cripple tiny Alexa Bliss. There's no way she could botch moves on a 5 foot 100 pound woman and not seriously injure her.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Bandit wrote:Thank god. She was the shits. She was eventually going to cripple tiny Alexa Bliss. There's no way she could botch moves on a 5 foot 100 pound woman and not seriously injure her.
She needed at least another twelve months in nxt, got the push way before she was ready. Then they don't know what to do when they're stuck with someone who doesn't know how to work.
I can't get no...

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think their thought was since she was 32 they needed to rush her up if they were ever going to be doing anything with her. And they thought given her family she'd probably pick up on it fast. And on paper as good as her family is she should at least be average by all rights.

But the problem is she just isn't athletic at all. Even with the extra year in NXT I don't know if she would have been good. Nor did she even really want to be a wrestler. She said in an interview she didn't really like it but went with Rock to Wrestlemania 28 and was impressed with everything. So if you don't really want to do it beyond loving how huge Wrestlemanias are, it's going to be very tough to work that road schedule. You get some other big events a year, but you also have to work house shows in West Virginia in front of 2,000 people. You have to 100% love it to make it. Even Brock cracked in 2004 despite how much money he was making.

But part of it is their fault. She shouldn't be a power move wrestler when she isn't strong. She should probably just be doing weight moves. And she is not cut out to be a heel. By all accounts she's a very nice person, and her staredowns look more like she's giving come hither looks. Like one Raw she destroyed Sasha and looked back at the ring in a way I was wondering if they were doing a violent lesbian angle.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer said he didn't know anything about Nia, but WWE is denying she asked for time off even though she was pulled from TLC.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

WWE.com has just released the following breaking news:

Due to medical issues impacting two WWE Superstars scheduled to appear at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs, streaming live on WWE Network this Sunday, the special event will now feature Kurt Angle competing in a WWE ring for the first time in more than 11 years, as he replaces Roman Reigns. In addition, former WWE Champion AJ Styles will replace Bray Wyatt and face “The Demon” Finn Bálor.

A WWE Hall of Famer and the current General Manager of Raw, Angle will join forces with Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose to battle the daunting combination of Braun Strowman, Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus and The Big Red Machine Kane in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs 5-on-3 Handicap Match.

The showdown between “The Demon” and Styles is one that the WWE Universe has been wanting for a long time and promises to be one of the most exciting matches of 2017.
Angle wrestling and AJ vs Balor?

WTF, I love viral meningitis now.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That does improve the card.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rusev is the most entertaining guy they have and they won't let him show it. If WWE ran like the 90s where guys could get over on their own, Wrestlemania would have Rusev and Big E in a main event. Those two have such great lines on twitter.

Also, Meltzer said Bo Dallas was the guy who got everybody sick originally.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep Rusev is a funny guy. They should turn him face and give him a talk show segment.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't get why Vince doesn't push him to the moon. He's enormous, he can talk, he's decent in the ring. I get that Lana isn't liked, but who gives a shit about his wife if he can make you money. He instantly recognized he had something in Braun, but refuses to see it in Rusev.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well despite the last minute changes it was a pretty decent ppv , things I recall
AJ/Balor was fun, nice show at the end as well which makes a change from if Bray had been there as planned as his ending woulda been to twat Finn no doubg regardless of outcome, good that Smakdown loaned AJ out for it
Emma/Asuka surprised me as Emma put on a better show than usual
Alexa/Miskey was another good fun one, rather surprised the womens ones were better than normal in the main show really
Enzo/Kalistoy was not the best, competant though
TLC match was of course the main reason to tune in & was bloody bood fun watching Miz's team implode in the middle of the match, some of the funniest suff I've seen on WWE lately, granted it was tame compared to the past but in these PG days we cant expect too much from the company

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

shame Elias didnt get the same interuptions of veg chucked at him, that was funny on the ppv, nice smackdown invasion of raw apart from having to fit the pg rating

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

From Sports Illustrated
The reason behind Nia Jax’s much-discussed “leave of absence” has been uncovered, as Sports Illustrated learned that Jax balked at the idea of losing clean to Sasha Banks at TLC. She called her cousin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, to ask for his advice, and Johnson encouraged her to walk away if she was unhappy.
lol in 2017 somebody is refusing to do a job in a mid-card match.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Bandit wrote:From Sports Illustrated
The reason behind Nia Jax’s much-discussed “leave of absence” has been uncovered, as Sports Illustrated learned that Jax balked at the idea of losing clean to Sasha Banks at TLC. She called her cousin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, to ask for his advice, and Johnson encouraged her to walk away if she was unhappy.
lol in 2017 somebody is refusing to do a job in a mid-card match.

She's walking out before they start jobbing her out to Alicia Fox.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq wrote:shame Elias didnt get the same interuptions of veg chucked at him, that was funny on the ppv, nice smackdown invasion of raw apart from having to fit the pg rating
I was hoping the crowd would chant "We want vegetables!" during their Raw match. Or start a Jason "Vegetables" Jordan chant.