WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

He was paid for reports on the Japanese wrestling scene very briefly around 1984. Vince briefly considered opening WWF Japan and signing Tiger Mask away from New Japan and centering the company around him, plus bringing him in for US tours. But he learned a cartoon company owned the trademark and leased it to New Japan, so he could only get Satoru Sayama, which made him worth a lot less. It would be like if WWF owned the Hulk Hogan character and told WCW "You can sign Terry Bollea, but you can't call him Hulk Hogan or use any of his look or mannerisms." So he dropped the idea and Dave stopped sending reports about the state of Japanese business.

Other than that he has too much heat to sign. He's never ever liked WWF style wrestling because he thinks it is lazy, so always gave most of their competition better reviews. So Vince never liked him. They talked, especially from 1992-1998 when business was down and Vince was looking for positive coverage. But as soon as WWF got big again in the Attitude Era he talked to Dave less and less until not talking to him at all after 2002. Supposedly Vince asked Dave's opinion of the Invasion angle and Dave told him it sucked and he should have waited for Flair, Goldberg and Sting to become available in 2003. So Vince wasn't happy.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote:He was paid for reports on the Japanese wrestling scene very briefly around 1984. Vince briefly considered opening WWF Japan and signing Tiger Mask away from New Japan and centering the company around him, plus bringing him in for US tours. But he learned a cartoon company owned the trademark and leased it to New Japan, so he could only get Satoru Sayama, which made him worth a lot less. It would be like if WWF owned the Hulk Hogan character and told WCW "You can sign Terry Bollea, but you can't call him Hulk Hogan or use any of his look or mannerisms." So he dropped the idea and Dave stopped sending reports about the state of Japanese business.

Other than that he has too much heat to sign. He's never ever liked WWF style wrestling because he thinks it is lazy, so always gave most of their competition better reviews. So Vince never liked him. They talked, especially from 1992-1998 when business was down and Vince was looking for positive coverage. But as soon as WWF got big again in the Attitude Era he talked to Dave less and less until not talking to him at all after 2002. Supposedly Vince asked Dave's opinion of the Invasion angle and Dave told him it sucked and he should have waited for Flair, Goldberg and Sting to become available in 2003. So Vince wasn't happy.
That's interesting, thanks. The WWF working with AJPW and SWS seems to have some sort of influence via Dave since I don't think outside of him covering the Puroresu scene that Vince & co would have been concerned about it.

HH just put his foot in his mouth again, smh. But get this, no one from WWE is calling him out on his new comments. Seems very likely they drummed up the "controversy " with Dave so Hogan gets a free pass as the Twitter mobs still white knighting for Peyton doesn't even acknowledge HH. I wouldn't be surprised if Hulk turns up at Summerslam and does a skit with New Day.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't know about All Japan, but the SWS show was done through Hogan. The billionaire who owned the company contacted Hogan about coming in by himself and he suggested doing a WWF tour with them. And Hogan screwed SWS by misleading them into thinking he'd do the job for Tenryu, only to get there the day of the show and do his famous "That doesn't work for me, brother." Hogan claimed it was too soon after his loss to Warrior to lose again. But back then few outside of Japan ever would have known. Andre jobbed clean to Inoki a while before Wrestlemania 3 and they still acted like the Hogan loss was the only time he was pinned and few knew.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Unemployed Dixie tweeting to people she used to know in TNA who didn't even like her is just sad.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer said the Evolution show will have a double main event of Ronda vs Nikki Bella and Alexa vs Trish Stratus.

Gonna skip this one.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote:I don't know about All Japan, but the SWS show was done through Hogan. The billionaire who owned the company contacted Hogan about coming in by himself and he suggested doing a WWF tour with them. And Hogan screwed SWS by misleading them into thinking he'd do the job for Tenryu, only to get there the day of the show and do his famous "That doesn't work for me, brother." Hogan claimed it was too soon after his loss to Warrior to lose again. But back then few outside of Japan ever would have known. Andre jobbed clean to Inoki a while before Wrestlemania 3 and they still acted like the Hogan loss was the only time he was pinned and few knew.
Thanks. The Demolition tag match at Mania VII where they lost seemed kinda random. Didn't they get phased out shortly afterwards? and Crush and Smash repackaged. Shame as Demo were one of the best tag teams during that era with the Hart Foundation, Rockers, Brain Busters et al.

As for the Evolution PPV I probably won't watch it either. If it were a real homage to women's wrestling and Medusa, Wendi Richter, Bull Nakano, Jumping Bomb Angels et al turned up that would be good & I'd watch then. But I doubt there will be any surprise names. AJ Lee got like 64% or something like that in a WWE.com poll and Beth & Stacy Keibler got 6% of who fans wanted to see.

I'd be very surprised if AJ and/or Stacy appear. Interestingly no ECW names were included so no Beulah, Francine, Dawn, Kimona et al or WCW so no Kimberley, Midajah, Missy Hyatt, Nitro Girls etc. So the Evolution is just WWE exclusive I guess. Which isn't really fair since every woman in wrestling played a part in its evolution to present. Especially Liz, Chyna, Nancy (Woman) none who probably won't even get acknowledged sadly.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Madusa will maybe make a cameo but she's still recovering from getting knee replacement surgery so can't wrestle.

Richter might be there for a cameo. But even though she's in the HOF she still has anger at Vince over what went down with Moolah.

Missy pretty much blackballed herself suing WCW. WWF was going to bring her in as Shawn Michaels' girlfriend after the Diesel split in November 1994. But after she sued Bischoff Vince told JJ Dillon to cancel her deal.

Beth will definitely be there, probably on commentary.

Lita will wrestle. Maybe do Lita vs Sasha, although Sasha is probably going to do something with Bayley.

Stacy is kinda acting like she's above wrestling even though her acting career did nothing besides being on How I Met Your Mother once.

Vince doesn't care at all about the ECW women. He was very mean to Francine according to her.

The Nitro Girls probably won't be acknowledged since they weren't important to WWE.

Sable isn't interested in doing anything with wrestling anymore.

Sunny could be out of jail but might not be allowed to travel to New York. But she's too controversial for what WWE presents themselves as now anyway.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Becky turns heel and she gets a Stone Cold level pop. :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Too many men want to have sex with her to ever boo her.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Rousey got new gear. It looks better. Hopefully she won't need to pull it out of her snatch all the time like her old kit.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

She said in Rolling Stone magazine she gets camel toes constantly because she has a big vajayjay.

Summerslam was okay. I liked Miz and Bryan, Joe and AJ and Dolph and Seth. The rest was forgettable. And it was too long. I made the mistake of watching most of the pre-show too (I only missed the intergender tag.) I didn't give a shit at all about the main event. Hopefully we never see Brock vs Roman ever again. I wish he came back to Smackdown when he returns. He has better opponents there.

And definitely check out NXT because that was a great show with one of the greatest tag team matches I've ever seen in the opener.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I plan on watching NXT and the Janela show but wanted to get SS out of the way first and then Raw.

The show was OK as you said. Nothing really bad but nothing 6 stars either.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I liked Lost in New York better than Spring Break. Had a few nice surprises, better matches and MARCO STUNT~!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also Luke Gallows and Nia Jax are dating.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

lol HHH is doing the Undertaker angle claiming he "walked away from the ring" after losing to Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27. He had 42 televised matches since then including a world title reign and wrestling 4 months ago.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »