WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

No, it's not. It was a house show only, although maybe they'll do some kind of special about it.

They only really did the show to screw with WrestleCade.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

The Japan show a few years back was a house show too but on the Network. Starrcade I'd be interested in because I'm a WCW fan and its a show they could have recorded instead of throwing money at Jerry Springer for the Too hot for TV thing

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think they just aired that show because Brock was on the Japanese tour because he asked to work in Japan since he likes going there. The results I read didn't sound like it was anything special. Just Ricky Morton dancing with New Day and Arn giving the spine buster to Ziggler.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

That makes sense. I thought they were planning to air house shows in the future. Could be cheaper content to produce for the network. Didn't they record some back in the day too like for the MSG Network and the Coliseum tapes?. Had they recorded the Curtain Call they could have used proper footage instead of handheld camera footage they used of it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The Hardys will officially retain the rights to all of the intellectual property they created while working for Impact Wrestling, including their much prized “Broken Universe”.

The reason the Hardys will been able to retain the rights to all of their creative content is directly tied to negative financial and contractual issues that Anthem was at fault for.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Vince watching the TNA footage and trying to make sense of it must have been hilarious.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

"God damn pal, did someone spike my drink?"

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"Goddamn pal, that's an impressive boat. Sexy Bitch can't survive an explosion like Matt's can."

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Goddamn Pal, that Brother Nemo isn't that a blowfish?!!! A wrestling blowfish huh?! I like it...

Goddamn Pal, when did Kane work for them guys, all that BS about running for mayor and he's working for that goddamn Owl!!!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

WWE released Jim Johnston. New Japan should hire him since most of their entrance music is terrible and he could make some good ones.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea they should or Impact. AJPW had epic themes like for Kobashi and Misawa back in the day. I think something similar for New Japan would work.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also if they don't put Johnston in the HOF that's bullshit. The guy made so many iconic songs for them.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea he definitely deserves a HOF induction. He worked for the WWE since 1985. CFO$ themes are OK but similar to ones you could probably make yourself with GarageBand. Jim Johnson is an old school guy who played all the instruments and has scored some WWE movies too. He's someone I'd have kept around in an executive producer type capacity. Hopefully he has retained the publishing and copyrights to his songs so he still will make royalties on them.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The only theme they made that I think would rank as timeless like Johnston's best ones is the Nakamura song.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea Naks theme is very good. I also like Glorious which seems out of Jim Johnsons playbook.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The USA Network currently lists a one-hour airing of WWE NXT for Wednesday December 13, 2017 at 7 pm EST.

WWE has yet to comment or confirm the airing but the listing has been picked up by several major cable distributors including Comcast, Verizon, and DirecTV.

It would make sense for NXT to make it’s USA debut on that day because that will be “WWE Week” on the USA Network.
It's probably just a special. NXT is a key reason people keep the network and don't just subscribe for a month for Mania, Summerslam and Rumble.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »