WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-- It was reported yesterday that when Smackdown moves to FOX, WWE is reportedly looking at scrapping their current three person announce booth and downsizing to a two people instead. If it happens, this move was to transcend beyond just Smackdown as it would also affect Raw and presumably NXT.

The WrestleVotes account adds that the current working plan is for Michael Cole to move over to Smackdown on FOX with Vic Joseph getting bumped up to become the lead play-by-play man on Raw. It's unclear where Tom Phillips, Corey Graves, Renee Young and others would fit in as another report suggested that WWE is moving towards having announcers be exclusive on shows - in other words, no one would be pulling double duty, at least not on a consistent basis.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm not watching Raw and haven't seen much of it in quite a while

I am making the right decision. This is garbage.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

We're still so confused.
I think majority of the WWE fan base are too. When they've got one of the best rosters they've ever assembled and come out with nonsensical garbage like this.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I haven't been watching it most weeks either, just listening to the WOR recaps.

Waiting for the weekly AEW to start and hoping it's better than this shit.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I don't know why they are burying Mike so bad. He might as well stayed on the indies or in Impact. Does he have heat backstage?. Apparently this was a Paul E show with no Vince involvement. Once AEW TV starts it should surely be better than WWEs current product. But what's irritating is that WWE have the talent there to put on a really good weekly product.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They are angry they signed he and Maria to $500,000 a year deals and then she announced she was pregnant a few days after they signed. Vince can't do anything to her since that would be horrible PR. But he can treat Mike however he wants.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:35 pm I haven't been watching it most weeks either, just listening to the WOR recaps.

Waiting for the weekly AEW to start and hoping it's better than this shit.

I do enjoy Bryan getting angry and Dave too jaded after nearly 40 years of reviewing wrestling to care. The dynamic is just oddly entertaining still after 10 years.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:27 am They are angry they signed he and Maria to $500,000 a year deals and then she announced she was pregnant a few days after they signed. Vince can't do anything to her since that would be horrible PR. But he can treat Mike however he wants.
OK thanks, so it's Vince being petty then :olol: Are all the low/midcard talent who've resigned on $500K a year now, or only talent that had expiring deals that AEW were potentially interested in?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Just the ones that were going to go to AEW. Gallows & Anderson turned down $500k deals, so they are getting more than that.

I doubt Bennett cares, this is the most mainstream TV time he's gotten since being in WWE plus he and Maria and getting good money.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

the upside-down preview bits did make me chuckle a bit, even more so when renee asked "have these been upside-down the whole time?", 9:30 in to the vid & I cant say I really noticed in the show

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Apparently the new Raw announce team will be Vic Joseph and Dio Maddin. Cole & Graves will be on SD. Renee Young will be hosting the FS1 show.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer says Vince is shocked the Maria angle isn't drawing ratings.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Vince is a dipshit.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

NXT did 1.179 million viewers. #4 for Wednesday night behind American Horror Story, Basketball Wives and Black Ink Crew.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Seems like decent numbers for NXT. It will be very interesting to see what happens to those figures in 2 weeks.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'll bet Zoidy and Boss Man aren't fortunate enough to see Maury so here's the reference

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Maury did air in AU so Zoidy should be familiar. I think it might have been on Foxtel?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, Maury also aired in the U.K. on a channel called Living. Think it was either before or after Jerry Springer. I also know who Maury is as he hosted the MJ rebuttal to the Bashir ITV doc .

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

No wonder everyone looks down on America if we export that. :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I know of Maury but have only ever seen short clips. It probably was on Foxtel like Skynet said.