Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dave Meltzer was talking about that last night. That even if it's just his phone number on his call log and no tapes of a conversation Roman is fucked because he said he'd never heard of the guy period.

He also claims Roman wasn't the only wrestler he sold to. And that most of the wrestlers are taking a fast acting steroid (the same one Jon Jones failed a test for) so they pass drug tests that way.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Good points. Its one time I actually wholeheartedly agree with WWEs stance. I respect what Hulk did for the business but when he outted himself as a racist that was just too much. Plus him using racial slang with his Son. He can't use the I was drunk brother card here. I mean I'd imagine a lot of good ole boy wrestlers are racist, we know PS Hayes is yet he dresses like in a zoot suit. Its the culture they were brought up in but when you are old enough or better yet your folks let you know to judge people on their character and not on skin color. I mean 80s soccer here was disgusting with the crowd reactions to black players and there's still racist elements in other countries and some bigots still use racial slurs too. So its a never ending problem but a grown man like Hulk who was a role model should know better. He's lost a lot of fans over this and I have no sympathy for him. If his life was in the gutter and he was drunk then it doesn't give him cause to use racial slurs etc. He did it on a jail phone call to Nick too when I'm assuming he was sober so he's really a closet racist who got rumbled. For me they are just as bad as out and out racists too. Even more so in a way as they nice to a persons face etc yet they say things behind their back.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Well I'll be damned.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hunter should work for the UN he could broker world peace, cause he's building bridges now that were burnt to the ground. Unless Jeff got Vince into his gold bar pyramid scheme.

That or hell has frozen over :lol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think the "creating opportunities" line is the key. He's mostly going in for TNA since they got AJ, Joe, Roode, Borash, EC3, etc. ready for the WWE. Kind of like how Stu Hart went in more for all of the wrestlers he trained than his career (the prime of it isn't available on video since Stampede didn't save their footage until the 70s when Stu was retired as a wrestler, so there's only pictures of him as a young wrestler.)

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They did an NXT angle last night where Johnny Gargano lost a Loser Leaves Town match, so he will be on the main roster soon.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

-There may be Impact footage on WWE television or at least on the WWE Network since WWE and Impact reached a deal where WWE would be allowed to use the original Broken Hardys footage to promote the Hardys character.
Why don't they just make new ones since they now employ the guy who made it? It's like if you hired Martin Scorsese for your studio then told him to just hang out while somebody else made Goodfellas II.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Mm, makes me wonder whether Vince has bought the tape library on the down low. Hence Double J in the HOF.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I don't think so because they have that streaming service nobody subscribed to. And I think they put stuff up on their Twitch channel kind of like the old WWE 24/7. If Vince bought it they wouldn't do that. And youtube would be purged since they have every good TNA match from the 2005-13 prime years up.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote:I don't think so because they have that streaming service nobody subscribed to. And I think they put stuff up on their Twitch channel kind of like the old WWE 24/7. If Vince bought it they wouldn't do that. And youtube would be purged since they have every good TNA match from the 2005-13 prime years up.
True but weird they are showing footage. Unless JB owns the footage of the Broken Hardyz.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I think it's kind of an apology to the Hardys for making them spend money on the copyright case when Impact didn't have much of a case so should have just let them have the gimmicks.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Ah ok cool, thanks.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Roman's alleged dealer says there's another WWE name he will reveal selling steroids to and it's another big name. I'm guessing Jinder (he was champion for nearly 6 months.)

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Roman vs Brock at Mania. Zzzzzzzz. They'd better give AJ and Nakamura a half hour to make up for it.

Amazing he went from once telling people he didn't think Gold Medalist Kurt Angle could beat him in a shoot so he shouldn't job to him (which got him laughed out of the room by Brisco and Patterson) to selling for a 135 pound woman.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It was a pretty good show, except for Roman winning of course. Hopefully there are "Roman does steroids/drugs" chants at Raw.

The women's chamber match was enjoyable, better than I thought it would be.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's funny when skimming old Observers to do quotes about 1999 every issue points out Steiner got steroid chants during his matches, but Roman can't even get one. Wrestling fans are too nice these days. And Roman wouldn't even do anything about it while there was a chance Scott would jump into the crowd and start decking people.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I've been waiting for some sort of chant or at least a sign, but nothing so far.