WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

According to PWInsider, Hogan is backstage at WWE Extreme Rules and made a formal apology to the WWE locker room for his comments in 2015. Sources who were present for the meeting noted Hogan apologized for embarrassing himself and the company, and told the wrestlers to be careful what they say as they could be recorded withing knowing it. He received a big reaction afterwards with a number of wrestlers shaking his hand and hugging him. Hogan was said to be very emotional during this meeting.

Before the meeting with the WWE locker room, Hogan met with a number of WWE officials and "the feeling backstage is he's back on board with the company." However, another report from PWInsider does note that he has not signed any kind of contract with WWE, despite showing up backstage.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

So this is a feud where they're peeing on the bushes at Roman's house to see who's the alpha.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That was a nasty landing Kevin Owens had onto that table.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He did at MITB too. But this one was dumb because it was a comedy finish. At least when Mick Foley jumped off of cages it made him a millionaire. The night after KOTR 98 at Raw they sold out of every Mankind shirt they had. But nobody is buying a Owens shirt tonight because of his bump.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Finished watching the pay per...5...4...3...2...1...EHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well that ppv was alright(ish)
Hardy/Nakamura: this had the feel of we're behind schedule guys wrap it up fast & we'll fix it on the regular show
Asuka/Carmella: I started to wonder how much stuff Elswoth had in his pockets, than laughed as he turned himself into a pinyata
Owens/Strowman: well this was as expected a lot of kevin trying to run away then getting bitch slapped basically, technically yes Owens won but by the was Braun was laughint after chucking him off the cage through the table winning wasnt his main motivation in this one, gonna be fun to see what happens next
Sanity/New Day: always fun to see someone from New Day go through a table, canm the WWE just kill their gimick already? probably not as I bet it sells lots of t-shirts & stuff but its so dumb & having them remind each other to keep things PG in comments does nothing when they spend all their entrance gyrating & humping the ring mat. My only complaint abou the match is that they werent all put through tables.
B Team/Deleter of Worlds: decent enough & keeps the B Teams momentum going for now, only question is now they have it what do they do with it
Also love Angles ultimatum for Brock, when I get round to watching Raw later I'll find out if it had any effect or not
Rollina/Ziggler: predictable interference from Drew was fine but when it led to a missed chance to get another pin it sorta seemed odd

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They've definitely cleaned up for good if you have a big guy named Dong and you don't even attempt to give him a big dick joke name.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bret responds to Martha
This past week, I have received multiple requests for comment regarding my recent interview on a podcast and the rebuttal made by Dr. Martha Hart. First of all, I want to express my disappointment in both the Calgary Sun and Calgary Herald for running a gossip-style article and making it front page news when there are more pressing issues in the world to highlight. You are better than that. I listened back to the interview in question and I specifically want to address Martha's comments about my words being "cruel, reckless, irresponsible, and hurtful".

Stampede Wrestling was an institution in the city of Calgary. Wrestling was our family business. My brothers and I either wrestled for my father Stu or worked behind the scenes. Fans packed the Victoria Pavilion every Friday night for decades. Martha has seemed to have forgotten that she attended those same shows before she met Owen. She was, by definition, a wrestling fan. That same group Martha appears to look down upon and ignore.

Earlier this year, Mark Henry took time during his WWE Hall of Fame induction to specifically address Martha. With tears in his eyes, Henry pleaded with her to allow Owen to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. My nieces and nephews were in the audience with tears in their eyes as he expressed how much he deserved to be there with his peers. Fans have told me they had tears in their eyes when they watched the moment on television. Those same fans Martha sat side-by-side with at Stampede Wrestling and WWE events. Those same fans that donate to the Owen Hart Foundation and helped make it what it is today because they remember the joy he brought to their lives and not by how he died. Those royalty checks she receives from the company she says she doesn't want any part of? Those are also from those same fans. To her, their tears do not matter. To me, that is cruel and hurtful.

It is true that Martha and I were close at one time. I was right by her side after Owen's death until she received her settlement from WWE and proclaimed me a "pest". Martha later declared herself and her children Harts in name only, called us all "black sheep", and ceased contact with the rest of the Hart family. She further isolated from us when we all came together in 2010 to honour our father Stu being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and participated in a DVD that celebrated our family (Hart & Soul). Owen's children do not have a relationship with his brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and cousins. One of my nieces, in fact, named her son Owen after him. I do not know Oje and I wouldn't know Athena if she walked passed me on the street. Owen's children only know of their father's family by what is told by their mother, whatever that may be, painting us all with one broad brush. To block Owen's children from knowing their father's family, to me, is cruel, reckless, and irresponsible.

Owen's tragic accident almost 20 years ago changed our family forever. Martha lost her soulmate and her children lost their father. You have to remember, however, that I also lost my brother. My children lost their uncle. My grandchildren will only know him through pictures and stories. His peers lost a close friend who filled them with endless laughter through long periods on the road. The fans lost someone that they lovingly connected to. Martha is not alone in her loss and grief.

The Owen Hart Foundation is a wonderful charity that has raised millions of dollars and has helped many people in its 19 year history. I am not disputing or denying that whatsoever. I disagree, however, that it should be the sole outlet to remember Owen by. This is not just about Owen being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. This is about his wrestling career, his wrestling legacy, his contribution to the business that he loved and honouring that contribution. Owen Hart was a world-renowned professional wrester, and a damn good one. He was part of the foundation that our family name was built on not just in the city of Calgary but all over the world. For Martha to want to rewrite history, to refuse to acknowledge or recognize his great wrestling career, to brush off what he, myself, and my father did as "that fake stuff" is wrong.

Owen Hart was a wrestler. The next generation deserve to know how great he truly was.

I am happy to hear that my brother Owen will be inducted into the George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame on July 28 in Waterloo, Iowa. My father and I are past honourees. While I will not be in attendance, the Hart family will be well-represented with my brothers Ross, Bruce, Keith, sister Diana, and my nephew Harry Smith accepting the honour on his behalf. Thank you to the Board of Directors for recognizing his wrestling career, his contributions to the wrestling business, and his legacy. I'm sure the event will be filled with laughter, tears, and an overall appreciation for the man that he was. I can only hope that this is only the beginning.

Bret Hart x

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I have no words to describe this figure, they escaped my head as I was laughing & wondering what they were on when they made it, though that Mower of Lawns figure is tempting :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

In regard to the teased WWE announcement this Monday, there’s been talk in the last several weeks of a women’s PPV featuring talents from the main roster coming out of a report from ProWrestlingSheet.com.

Several female performers in the company have confirmed to PWInsider.com that they were told recently it was something the company has been working on developing.

PWInsider.com has been told by one source the show would take place in September at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island. There are a number of Sundays open at the venue. WWE does not have any events currently listed for Sunday 9/30, so that could be the date. That said, WWE does not have any TV tapings scheduled for the Northeast and Monday 10/1, they are in Seattle for Raw, all of which obviously would make staging such an event a lot harder than usual.

Attempts to get WWE to confirm thus far have been unsuccessful.
Headlined by Ronda vs the woman who did her hair Monday in a grudge match.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hawq wrote:
I have no words to describe this figure, they escaped my head as I was laughing & wondering what they were on when they made it, though that Mower of Lawns figure is tempting :olol:
Its like they re-used a old head from a Torrie Wilson figure and redid the paint job from the Hot Rod figures. Make do and mend Mattel! I :lol: at the dilapidated boat & Vanguard 1accessories. First job delete delete delete that janky Ronda figure.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Alexa Bliss recently spoke to Cheap Seats podcast about whether it bothers her that she doesn't get more credit for the work she does in the ring. She said her character doesn't allow her to do extravagant spots to pop the crowd. Her job is to make people hate her and that's what she does. Bliss explained how she uses her moveset to establish herself as more of a heatseeker in as many levels as possible. Things could always change if she becomes a babyface, but that's not her job at the moment.

"I don't, but here's the thing, I'm a bad guy. Who likes a bad guy that does a lot of flashy things? You know what I mean? It is my job to be hated, so if that means coming in when the opportunity is right and cashing in on other people's misfortunes in the ring that is what I am going to do.

"Now, when I become a good guy, are people going to see a brand new skill set from me? Absolutely. Right now, my job isn't to wow the crowd with my in-ring ability, my job is to be hated, which is what I love to do. My job is to be hated because people get that much madder when I win a title because they talk about me not being able to wrestle in the ring---I can, but I am choosing not to, and the fact that when I win and they are getting angry that only means that I am doing my job that much more."
So according to Alexa no heel has ever carried a match. And she does a top rope move for a finisher, that's not flashy?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's a flawed logic she has. Heels often did majority of the work in a match with a short face comeback, so heels if anything are in that position because they are better workers & are more dimensional.

I can't recall her wrestling being praised as a baby face in NXT so that's an interesting point she's making. I do like Alexa, she's a good heel, but she's believing her own hype here. I'd say she's more Trish Stratus than one of the ladies from GAEA or All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Vince dared Ronda to do a Jim Ross impression.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The WWE locker room gathered backstage before Extreme Rules for a mandatory meeting because Hulk Hogan had something to say. During his speech, Hogan apologized for embarrassing the company and said he didn't know he was being recorded at the time.

Audio of Hogan using several racial slurs while discussing his daughter Brooke Hogan dating an African American surfaced in July 2015. He was engaged in a lawsuit with Gawker at the time for releasing snippets of a sex tape recorded without his consent, which contained the slurs.

Hogan's apology was accepted by some, but others felt differently. Titus O'Neil spoke to Busted Open Radio this week and discussed Hogan's apology. Mark Henry, who is a co-host on the program, said Hogan didn't just offend African Americans with his comments. Henry has Caucasian friends who think Hogan shouldn't be allowed back with the company, but The World Strongest Man admitted to getting second and third chances himself. Therefore, he is accepting of Hogan's reinstatement.

During Hogan's apology, he started the speech by warning the locker room about what they say because they might be recorded without their knowledge. O'Neil talked about how that statement didn't sit well with him.

"This is not about second or third chances," Titus O'Neil explained. "This is about a man making a decision to make statements that he truly felt in his heart I believe at that time. He may not feel that way now, he may regret it. But to come out and say, 'I didn't know I was being recorded' and ' be careful what you say' and 'I don't remember saying that stuff.' When you start out an apology like that. Dude, you lost it already. I wanted to give him a chance, I didn't know what that meeting was about going in but I wanted to give him a chance.

"He legitimately screwed that all up because again, it's not about making a mistake. It's not a mistake. You're talking about historically using language and saying things that a lot of people in our business unfortunately have said in the past. Although our business has come a long way from where it used to be, there are still some people in this business that speak that way they just aren't recorded. So Hulk Hogan or Terry Bollea is not the only person that have used those type of comments. I know that for a fact."

O'Neil continued saying Hogan is the one dealing with these comments because he was caught making them. He said Hogan's apology should be more than just words because genuine actions are needed as well.

"He was the one that was exposed to using those comments so he's the one who needs to handle the situation publically on a consistent basis with his apology. His apology doesn't need to be in words, I'd rather it not be in words. I'd rather it be in action to be honest with you, because his words have been all over the place ever since it came out."

During a 2015 interview with ABC News' Amy Robach, Hogan explained why he used racial slurs in the released audio. He attributed it to his upbringing in Port Tampa, Florida where he said the word was thrown around quite often as a greeting.

"I'm not a racist, but I never should have said what I said. It was wrong. I'm embarrassed by it," Hogan said in the the 2015 interview. "People need to realize that you inherit things from your environment. And where I grew up was south Tampa, Port Tampa, and it was a really rough neighborhood, very low income. And all my friends, we greeted each other saying that word."

O'Neil referenced Hogan's excuse of growing up with that language in his vocabulary. He said Hogan's claims didn't match up historically because it would not be acceptable to use that word with any African American in the 1960's. O'Neil is from Tampa and attested to the fact that Hogan's high school was not racially diverse either.

"First of all you grew up in the 60's. I don't know any black man that would let you call him that in the 60's. You grew up in South Tampa, you went to Robinson High School. I live in Tampa, Robinson High School was not a predominantly black school in the time that he went to high school. Most of the people he wrestled with, Mike Graham -- Eddie Graham's kid -- you know Steve Keirn, these guys all went to high school with him.

"So don't tell me that's how you spoke in the 60's. There's no realistic way that you can even come close to telling me that was okay with any black man at that time. So again, the inconsistencies of the apology along with the lack of remorse and contrition with the apology are the reason why I felt and many others felt at that meeting that this was a complete waste of our time."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

R.I.P. that woman's neck.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod