WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Del Rio is claiming Paige's family made him insult WWE and HHH specifically as a way to try to get back in. What a cunt that guy is. Especially at this time that she's going through a lot. I think this puts him over the top as the worst person in the business today.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It wasn't HHH, he was never really over like a main eventer that draws money. He didn't draw in Mexico like Mysterio even though Rey is actually American and Del Rio was born in Mexico.

But taking away Ricardo and having a reformed racist gimmick manager announce him from a Rascal Scooter didn't help any. But even with a mega push and coming out in $200,000 cars every week he didn't draw. They wanted him to be the new Dibiase and he was closer to drawing like his son.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

WWE were grasping at straws for a Latino wrestler who could bring in the audience who tuned in for Eddie, then Rey. The Mistico project was a bust, so they brought ADR back in. Had Mistico got over then I doubt they'd even consider bringing Del Rio back. I wonder though had they booked Del Rio under a mask as Dos Caras Jr whether hed have drawn better.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I doubt it. The writers didn't understand Lucha Libre. Eddie and especially Rey got themselves over. If they were serious about getting Mexicans over they should have brought Konnan into the writers room.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Tons more about the Enzo allegations here
https://www.fightful.com/enzo-amore-accused-rape

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, they should have had that be free and done a ticket contest. If ROH can afford to run the building it's not like WWE would take a big loss. Although the Ico Pro banner was pretty hilarious.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Also dumb Drifter had to cover up his Johnny Cash middle finger shirt. If it weren't for a guy that gave middle fingers on this show we wouldn't be watching Raw 25 we'd be watching Nitro 23.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer didn't have anything new on Enzo last night. He was choosing his words carefully after getting trashed online over the incident with Elgin's promotion. I just saw people on twitter trying to tear her story apart because there's some inconsistencies on the dates she was in the hospital, but she tweeted about meeting friends that night or something like that. So who knows.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

WWE are taking it seriously but if she's made it up that really sucks for Enzo. Didn't see Raw 25 but most reviews and such I've seen only Torrie is getting rave reviews.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Taker looked pissed at the crowd. He was trying to have a moment but they kept chanting One More Match at him. That's about it of interest. But it was fun to see the old 1993 set up.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Enzo was released.

My theory is its because he didn't tell them about it (the investigation began October 24th) because he thought it would blow over and knew he'd be suspended due to #metoo. And he was getting a huge push at the time.

He gambled and lost big time. Even if they declined to press charges he won't be brought back anytime soon. Imagine if he'd been champion when he was arrested. The media would assume WWE knew about the investigation but gave him a title anyway and would look really bad.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote:Taker looked pissed at the crowd. He was trying to have a moment but they kept chanting One More Match at him. That's about it of interest. But it was fun to see the old 1993 set up.
OK thanks. Seems the fans in the Manhattan Centre were legit pissed off and were booing and wanting refunds. As for Enzo, WWE had to release him really otherwise the media would throw them under the bus. Surprised no other historical accusations have been made yet, with the whole #MeToo movement in full effect. If this turns out to be false do they hire him back? If Enzo isn't guilty then Impact have someone who could be a game changer for them if WWE pass on rehiring Zo. Going back to Raw 25, surprised no message from The Rock although he did tweet about it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Surprised no other historical accusations have been made yet, with the whole #MeToo movement in full effect.
People want a job. Unlike Hollywood where the microscope is on them if they blackballed someone from getting work because they made an accusation, nobody would pay attention to it happening in wrestling.
. If this turns out to be false do they hire him back
Normally yes, and normally you wouldn't even be fired before being charged or even wait until a conviction. But I really think he kept them in the dark, because like I said I cannot imagine them giving him a belt with the possibility he'd go to jail for rape. And WWE would have looked REALLY bad with "WWE champion arrested for rape after several month investigation" with it being mentioned he was the top star on their fourth biggest show. Also he's in an angle that was really over with Rock's cousin, so that would get press too. WWE may have dodged a bullet here.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

AmadeusZull
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by AmadeusZull »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
I so dogded a bullet in not buying tickets. The avg price for a ticket was $400. Never again I'm going to a WWE show. I think I'm satisfied watching AJ win the title last summer at MSG.