Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

If they gave Becky freedom to cut her own promo's instead of reciting what WWE creative tells her that would actually make the product exciting. Thats the same for a lot of the guys and other girls too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They acknowledge it and then do another show that sucks just as bad.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I skipped Raw again. I'll watch TLC, not as much boring &/or stupid shit on the PPVs.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yeah, skip it. Here's the TLC card.
WWE Champion Daniel Bryan defending against AJ Styles

Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins defending against Dean Ambrose

If Braun Strowman is able to wrestle at the PPV: Strowman vs. Baron Corbin in a tables, ladders, and chairs match (Strowman will challenge for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble if he defeats Corbin. If Corbin wins, he'll become the permanent general manager of Raw. Corbin will lose all of his GM power if Strowman wins)

Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Nia Jax

SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending against Charlotte Flair and Asuka in a triple threat tables, ladders, and chairs match

SmackDown Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus defending against The Usos and The New Day in a triple threat match

Natalya vs. Ruby Riott in a tables match

Finn Balor vs. Drew McIntyre

Elias vs. Bobby Lashley in a ladder match (the first person to reach the guitar suspended above the ring will be able to use it during the match)

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy defending against Cedric Alexander

The finals of Mixed Match Challenge season two

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:43 pm Image

They acknowledge it and then do another show that sucks just as bad.
Reminds me of

If they know the product is so bad why don't they try to improve it?. Put Hunter in charge of Raw and do what's he done with NXT. Vince might be busy with the XFL 2.0 soon so I doubt he'll be hands on still with Raw then.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Because money made them lazy. They don't have the passion for putting out great pro wrestling every week, they're in it for the money and they got more money than they ever dreamed of. As for HHH Vince just wants him to get his feet wet for now, he doesn't want him doing his job. So NXT is just something to play with to learn. Like when Vince Sr. let Vince Jr. book the Maine shows. They weren't important to the WWWF so it was just a learning experience so if he screwed up only a few people noticed. It didn't tamper with the big shows in New York, Philadelphia and Boston.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's true. But if they put out a better product more people would watch it, subscribe to the Network, go to the live events, buy merch etc. I'm surprised them semi dropping the PPV model has been successful for them, plus with streaming etc they are up against it. The PPVs are still advertised here and Sky Sports blanks out any reference to the WWE Network.

With Hunter I believe he'd turn the product around for the better. He's a real fan of wrestling and you need someone like that in charge. They must get burnt out overtime though with the whole booking process, storyline/show writing but back in the day they planned months in advance. I think it's mentioned in one of the guest bookers. Now it seems it's all ad-libbed which I guess with the talent getting injured etc they need to book accordingly. I can see Vinces point of view but maybe give Hunter SmackDown and if that works out well put him in charge of Raw. They've also got the resources to hire the smartest minds in wrestling and whilst their views differ I'd bring in Corny, Gabe, Court, Paul E, Bischoff to work as a community with Hunter and you've got a guy like Jake who should be involved in creative.

You'd have to separate him and Corny but Vince Russo too. His ideas need to be put through a filter but I think he could still add something creatively. In WCW he ran riot because he had no one to filter his ideas through but in WWF he & Ed was responsible for some good stuff. Plus having wrestling guys on board instead of the Hollywood writers is a much smarter choice.

But again if they are making money and have no competition then they can put out a crappy product.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

No, Vince Russo was never really that good. He lucked out on having some great people on top who were some of the best promos ever to get it over. And now you'd be asking him to give stuff to performers who are nowhere near as good on the mic as Austin, Vince, Rock and Foley. You'd be asking him to give things to Baron Corbin and Seth Rollins. I wouldn't put Bischoff on that list either. Kevin Sullivan came up with the ideas, Bischoff just spent money.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Monday's WWE RAW episode, featuring the final red brand hype for Sunday's TLC pay-per-view plus a TLC main event with WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins retaining over Baron Corbin, drew 2.194 million viewers. This is down from last week's 2.285 million viewers. This is the lowest RAW viewership in show history.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 2.347 million viewers (last week's hour 1 - 2.262 million), the second hour drew 2.186 million viewers (last week's hour 2 - 2.399 million) and the final hour drew 2.048 million viewers (last week's hour 3 - 2.196 million).

This week's second and third hour were the lowest ever second and third hours in RAW history.

RAW was #9 for the night in viewership on cable, for the third week in a row, behind the NFL's Monday Night Football, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter at midnight, Rachel Maddow Show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, Last Word, Hannity and The Five. RAW was #5 in the 18-49 demographic this week, behind the NFL, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter and Love & Hip-Hop.

The NFL's Monday Night Football topped the night in the 18-49 demographic and in viewership this week, for the fourteenth week in a row. The Vikings vs. Seahawks game drew 11.389 million viewers. Monday Night Kickoff came in at #2 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.579 million viewers, SportsCenter came in at #3 with 2.836 million viewers and Love & Hip-Hop ranked #4 with 1.601 million viewers.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 pm No, Vince Russo was never really that good. He lucked out on having some great people on top who were some of the best promos ever to get it over. And now you'd be asking him to give stuff to performers who are nowhere near as good on the mic as Austin, Vince, Rock and Foley. You'd be asking him to give things to Baron Corbin and Seth Rollins. I wouldn't put Bischoff on that list either. Kevin Sullivan came up with the ideas, Bischoff just spent money.
Good point about Russo. Yea he was lucky him and Ed have Austin, Rock and Mick who were great promos. I was thinking more so he would come up with ideas outside the box and with filtering you might get lucky with something they can use. But like you say the talent today aren't as strong on the mic as Rocky and co.

Yea I forgot about Kevin Sullivan and should have put his name down instead of Bisch. Although to give him his due he was part of the success of Nitro and helped turn WCW into a profit making company.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Eric was very driven and was able to get a lot of money to spend from Ted Turner that he wasn't giving to Kip Frye and Bill Watts. But he completely listened to what Hogan thought first, so any creative idea he did have was really Hogan's.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:oshocked:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Don't worry, Vince will move Corbin to Smackdown to get the numbers.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hopefully he fires himself.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I doubt the connection, but it is interesting.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I doubt enough people watched it or care enough about political events for it to effect the ratings. You never know though.