WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yep. And it's too forced for anyone to really want to use it as a gif or gifs.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well the through the led pannel at the entrance was a nice change to what I'm used to from wwe, the amount of sparks & the 'holy shit' from a commentater helped sell it pretty well also, just hope they can keep things going in that direction then Raw may be a fun show again. No comment on Smackdown as I aint seen it yet

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"Karate Fighters Tournament To Control 205 Live" :olol:
Stamford, CT – After the surprise move to place Paul Heyman in charge of Monday Night Raw and Eric Bischoff in charge of Smackdown, Vince McMahon has announced a tournament of wrestling officials from the 90’s to decide who will run WWE’s cruiserweight show, 205 Live.

“It’s time to shake things up,” said McMahon. “WWE has gotten stale. I’m taking it to new places and by new, I mean the 90’s. 3D Doritos! Raw is war! Genetic jackhammer! Somebody once told me the world is gunna roll me!” shouted McMahon while cracking open a vintage can of YJ Stinger.

“Now that Raw has Paul Heyman and Smackdown has Eric Bischoff, I want to inject 205 Live with that same 90’s juice. Like a Gusher filled with ICOPRO. It’s time to bring back more officials from that era. Unfortunately, all these geezers are too old to actually fight each other,” said a disgusted 73-year-old McMahon. “So, we’ll have to settle it like I settle everything in the 90’s: with lots of lawyers and with Karate Fighters!”

Karate Fighters was a toy line produced by Milton Bradley where children would twist a plastic knob controlling their karate figure, causing it to flail about in hopes of hitting their opponent. The Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em-style toys were featured heavily on WWF television including a series of matches between on-air talent.

Tournament participants include WCW’s Jim Herd, Bill Watts, Bill Busch, ECW’s Tod Gordon, Jim Crockett Jr., Ian Rotten, The Blue Meanie, and heavy favorite, Bruce Prichard.

Noticeably absent from the tournament are two real-life rivals, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo.

While fans may have wanted to see Cornette finally take on Russo, Cornette said, “I’m loyal to MLW and I’ve got my plate full with the Jim Cornette Experience. Plus, I’d rather have my dick slammed by the toilet seat than go back to that nuthouse. If Russo wants to fight me, he knows where to find me and my favorite Karate Fighter, Thunderfoot."

They did that for 3 years, I didn't remember it lasting that long.

It looks like they hired Todd Pentingill's brother and Mass Transit to announce.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Is this a Network show? Because WWE has 7 or 8 of the past years that could use reimagining.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Nobody knows yet. It could just be something for 2K20.

And they should just flush the last 8 years.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's a 10 minute show and it's embarrassing. They edited Undertaker doing his Dracula entrance into Warrior debuting in WCW to make it look like Undertaker was the one who debuted on Nitro in 1998. Just pointless and terrible. Then various WWE dorks ramble about how cool the 90s were.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Gallows and Anderson have signed new 5 year deals with WWE.

Today's Raw is supposedly the first Paul E is involved with. So will be interesting to see what they are going to do creatively.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He did last week. The Braun stunt, Graves saying shit, Maria & Mike angle, Street Profits debut and AJ heel turn were his and he was in Gorilla Position with Vince.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Are we sure they hired Heyman and not Vince Russo?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:43 am He did last week. The Braun stunt, Graves saying shit, Maria & Mike angle, Street Profits debut and AJ heel turn were his and he was in Gorilla Position with Vince.
OK thanks. Seems the change didn't last long and it's back to business as usual.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Vince is still having final say. Paul is just the head writer and as we saw with Road Dogg Vince will scrap whatever he wants and put in his own ideas. The only way things really change is Vince leaving.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

One individual that Flair is especially impressed with is the dastardly, Baron Corbin. Flair appreciates Corbin's ability to take creative directions that are given to him and apply them to his craft.

"You know who my hat is off to as a talent, that has really survived everything, and comes out every week and does a really good job? Baron Corbin," Flair stated. "Baron has figured out a way that, alone, could make you a lot of money for a long time, taking on everything. From being the GM, to being the whipping boy, to doing this and doing that, because he can talk and he can work. And he doesn't mind [having to do these things]."
Ric needs money again.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 pm Are we sure they hired Heyman and not Vince Russo?
Russo could have come up with the mixed tag elimination.
Bandit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:47 pm Ric needs money again.
He can just ask his son-in-law for some.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He can get him a sweet Blue Chew endorsement deal.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He's probably got a few crates of the stuff, he can give some in depth reviews.

handwrittenhysteria
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by handwrittenhysteria »

Has anyone got a link for that three months for 99p deal that's doing the rounds? As a lapsed subscriber, WWE never email me about these things for some reason

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I never get those discount emails either, just the "please sign up at full price" ones. It's probably cause I signed up to the $1 deal last year.