Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bryan standing outside of his living room stalling like Larry Zbyszko as his wife and daughter yell taunts at him to be a man in get in there like AWA fans.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Everyone wants out. How long until Vince asks for his release.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

He's on a WWE talk show that nobody watches, so meh.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer: "This is the worst gang war I've ever seen in wrestling."

Let me stop you right there.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Punk also asked Renee who her favorite member of The Shield was and she got flustered before saying "I liked them all equally."

BTE should do a parody of this with Ricky Morton being hired as the old guy who clearly doesn't watch or care about the modern product but comments on AEW anyway.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

What's funny about the whole Punk thing is that WWE are essentially teasing the fans he's returning when they showed the clips of the fans clamouring for him to return. But unless it's in his favour I think he'll quite happily sit there and crap all over the WWE product. He did that with the Corbin/Big Dog skit and the others seemed real surprised he didn't tow the company line.

The stuff with Seth seems worked shoot style but I won't be surprised if they have a pull apart on the set and it leads to a WrestleMania main event. Or he makes a surprise appearance on NXT. If WWE are smart now they offer him a huge money contract, where he has creative freedom and he can go where he pleases then I think they'd have him back on board. Because when they are throwing money at Tyson Fury and Cain it's not who fans want to see on WWE programming. But if he turns up on NXT I think even the biggest AEW fan would switch channels to see what he was going to say and do. That's the type of draw he can be for WWE if they use him right. If he does turn up at Survivor Series in Chicago I think that will create a gigantic buzz.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's the new Intercontinental title:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It looks like a toy replica.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I don't like it. Which is a shame, because I've always been a fan of the white IC title. I have one myself, as well as big gold.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Besides the NXT UK title they've never had anything that looked as good as the 80s/90s belts.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Corey Graves on Twitter knocked Mauro Ranallo by saying, "Just for the record guys. I know you wouldn't know it, but there's actually a WWE Hall of Famer AND a former Ring of Honor Champion on commentary. I'd imagine they have a lot to offer." Given Ranallo's well-known mental health issues, that have continued recently, as much as announcers are fair game from fans under any circumstances unfortunately it's bad form from other announcers, particularly given what happened a few years ago. Ranallo then deleted his Twitter account. Paul Levesque at one point said Ranallo would be on the show tonight.

Frank Shamrock, Ranallo’s friend and manager, tweeted to Graves a picture saying “Social media has made too many of you comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the mouth for it.”

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

What has he ever done? Mauro has called the biggest pay per views in history doing commentary on Mayweather fights. Corey was a wannabe CM Punk turned wannabe Joe Rogan. If Jim Ross or Tony Schiavone wanted to bash Mauro that would be one thing because they've earned it. But Corey Graves doesn't mean shit and never will mean shit.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I was listening to Dave and Bryan talk about what was said and Dave said Mauros only really ever had issues like this whilst in WWE, Bellator to a lesser degree. Which shows the type of culture WWE has. I wouldn't be surprised if Corey venting like that was a edict via Vince. Plus he had to deal with JBL and when he's just there to call the matches it's incredibly childish how Layfield and Graves have acted towards him.

It's maybe because of jealousy since like you've said Mauro has called very high profile boxing matches, MMA etc. I doubt Graves will get reprimanded either for his conduct which is totally unprofessional. But that's the thing with WWE though that type of behaviour is rewarded bizarrely. Look at how they pander to Orton. Mauro is the best announcer WWE has, by far, so losing him over snide pathetic remarks is a huge L for WWE.

You'd think also consider they do the Be A Star thing that they'd know better when one of their own employees is essentially bullying one of their own employees on social media. But shows their hypocrisy of the WWE in general.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Vince doesn't like Mauro at all. He's only there because they're marks for the prestige of having Floyd Mayweather's announcer working for them. Mauro gets along with Cole and HHH and only talks to them. So Graves probably said what he said because he knows it's what Vince thinks and he's trying to get over with the boss. So no he won't get in any trouble.