Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Haven't they been through enough?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That it was created at Waffle House makes it even funnier.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A PPV at the MCG could be pretty big.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Rumors are Ronda Rousey asked about a UFC comeback and Dana talked her out of it because she's just going to get knocked out again. Then gave her his blessing to go to WWE and she's close to signing a deal for Wrestlemania.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

It's the smartest decision for Ronda. She can be a legit badass in the WWE whereas in the UFC a third loss and it's too much to come back from as she's someone who's real intense and I'd imagine the loss to Holly Holm had a real negative affect on her sadly. I don't really know what went south in her fighting career, perhaps she became too one dimensional. Anyway although she has her haters I've always liked Rowdy Ronda and wish her well.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

While the circumstances behind this are not yet clear, WWE 205 Live star Rich Swann was arrested early this morning at 12:09 AM in Gainesville, Florida and charged with Kidnapping/False imprisonment. In the State of Florida, that is a third-degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine if convicted. Swann has also been charged with Battery - touching or striking, a first degree misdemeanor in Florida, with penalties of up to one year in jail or 12 months probation and a $1,000 fine upon conviction.

Swann, 26, is currently scheduled to face Drew Gulak to determine the top contender for the WWE Cruiserweight championship on this Monday's Raw in Cleveland, Ohio, a match that will likely be canceled as part of the fallout of this arrest.

Swann was signed to a WWE NXT deal in 2015 after several years of working in Japan for Dragon Gate and a number of top independent promotions, including EVOLVE and CZW. He was part of the Cruiserweight Classic tournament in 2016, which featured him speaking about how pro wrestling saved his life after the deaths of his parents. Swann's work in the tournament lead to him being added to the roster for WWE's Cruiserweight series, 205 Live, where he had been one of the more popular fixtures on that series. Swann has regularly appeared on Raw as part of the Cruiser division and at one point, held the WWE Cruiserweight championship.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

How long until he is future endeavored?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm sure immediately since they'll have to explain why he isn't on Raw.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

So after having months of Jinder as champion in awful main events because he was going to be their key to being huge in India, he does the job in his first Indian match and HHH was cheered more by the Indian fans. Thanks for that, WWE.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

There's more info on the Swann arrest in this article:

WWE have suspended him.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

She should have critiqued him needing to get a new braid job.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Hulk is synonymous with WWE but he still needs to make amends for his racist comments publicly on WWE programming. Or do they sweep it under the rug and pretended it never happened. You can't though so Hulk needs to say "Sorry brothers etc" Because he's Hulk Higan should he get a pass? Nope, no one should and racism is so unbelievably small minded but that's a topic for another time.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He's apologized on bigger shows than Raw, though. He gave a tearful apology on Good Morning America that gets 7-10 million viewers and many more saw the clips online. I think a "I am sorry I let you down" line in a promo would be good enough. Having a sit down interview with Booker or Byron wouldn't be well done by WWE. They aren't good on race stuff. They just had Asian stereotype jokes about Nakamura in August. If this was UFC I'd support a fighter who used the n-word having to sit down with Daniel Cormier or Francis Ngannou and explain themselves on UFC Tonight. But WWE doesn't have that credibility.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I can't recall seeing his apology, maybe I did and I forgot. Hulk in fairness I doubt is a racist but the statements he made were in very poor taste. Its good he publicly apologized but non-US viewers unless they saw it on YT etc wouldn't know he did. Considering he is or was buddies with T, Shaq and Rodman any racial stuff shouldn't have even been said. Him turning up on BET or something would be in poor taste and like you say WWE isnt the best place for race relations. But to redeem himself Hulk has to apologize in front of the WWE fan base.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Oh boy...

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

That sounds creepy.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks for those videos Bandit, I'll check those out.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »