WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea it was far too long. How the live crowd can sit through that and the pre show matches too I don't know. I usually watch the longer events in parts so it's easier.

I like the idea of making it two nights in a row as it seemed like the men's Rumble was rushed and it would give them more time to focus on the Rumble itself and not burn the crowd out. Also how long have they switched the 2 minute entry time to 90 seconds?.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dean Ambrose (photo credit Wade Keller © PWTorch)
Dean Ambrose, a main event wrestler for WWE since debuting with The Shield in 2012, has given his notice to WWE that he will be finishing up when his current contract expires at the end of April, according to three PWTorch sources. He broke the news to management this weekend, including directly in a meeting with Vince McMahon, after being offered a new contract and a raise weeks ago.

He is expected to finish up shortly after WrestleMania, although it’s possible WWE would write him out of storylines sooner. This could explain why he was rather unceremoniously eliminated from the Royal Rumble on Sunday night and did a clean job to Seth Rollins on TV on Raw last night.

Sources tell PWTorch that Ambrose has been long frustrated with the creative direction of his character and reached a breaking point recently. He’s indicated to WWE management this weekend he’s not interested in negotiating further and made it clear this isn’t about trying to get more money. One of his colleagues on the roster, when asked tonight about Dean’s demeanor lately and if there were any signs of discontent, said “he’s pretty much impossible to read.” He added, though, that Dean “hates hokey sh–” and, since so much of his character has been portrayed as hokey in the last few years, he’s not surprised that would have built up frustration leading to a breaking point.

Top management in WWE and a small circle of friends of Dean knew about his decision this weekend, but it wasn’t well known at the Rumble or Raw among most of his colleagues.
Meltzer said last night he can't confirm it yet, but doesn't believe Wade Keller would be reporting this if it wasn't true.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hmmm, interesting. Guess that's why Nia whacked him.

Wonder what's going to happen to Renee?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

AEW COMMENTATOR~! :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Shit, didn't think of that.

Or WWE could send her to NXT UK.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"She's living in England, pal. Contractually you can't fuck your wife if you don't work for us. I trademarked her vagina."

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Slapnuts on Raw! Let's party likes it's WCW 2000!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He's going to be an agent and wrestle part time. It makes me wonder about Matt Hardy since Reby said he was being trained for the job prior to teasing the Hardys might go to AEW after their contract ends in April.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Good for Jeff. They just need Honky to come out so they can have a threeway guitar off.

As for Matt, maybe he would be better suited to AEW creative than being an agent.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thought it was weird how quickly Dean was eliminated from the Rumble. AEW doesn't want to be a dumping ground for ex WWE talent unless they have a potential upside. Otherwise they'll quickly get the WCW or TNA/Impact label.

As for Matt, I think the Bucks & Cody said they aren't hiring creative/writers. But I think having Matt involved would be a smart decision. Their deals are up around Mania time so who knows where they'll end up. I expect if they re-sign with WWE they'll probably go in the HOF this year.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The difference between AEW and TNA is AEW wants under appreciated wrestlers the fans want to see be better than the shit WWE gives everyone. TNA was signing people nobody cared about in a lot of cases. When TNA signed Christian and the Dudleys people were excited because they had been misused in WWE for years. It was when they signed Billy Gunn, the Bashams, Dustin Rhodes, Orlando Jordan, etc. and had Nash and Angle skits take up half of Impact that they got the "WWE lite" tag.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

watched the rumble last night, holy fuck that was an entire evening gone, even fast forwarding through the 2 hour kick off show to get to the 3 matches in it I'm surprised I didnt nod off at some point, 5 gallons of coffee ready for mania going off this run time I think. Not a terrible show other than length though really, saw the Kofi rumble escapes seem to be contagious now as 2 women came down with a case but it breaks up the just get chucked over & yer gone nature of the match so its alright. Standard crap of be in a team get eliminated then stick around to help teammate or come back out with them was to be expected, Vega had a nice plan of hide under the ring, nice entrance gear as well (although Funaki would have wondered why she was dressed as Balrob maybe) the hiding plan was great til Hornswaggle chased her out which did actually make me laugh a bit.
Vince clearly still has his Brock boner as that outcome was no surprise (why they love having a part time champ I will never understand)
As for the mens rumble well there was the slight wtf? when Nia took R Truths place & Titus was very careful not to repeat Titus Worldslide this time which was a little amusing to see him slam on the brakes, kinda figured Stroman would get it to set up for the much story delayed fight with Lesnar but Rollins got it instead, not sure if I like that one or not really, oh & the usual Kofi escape nonesense as well
It was far from the worst wwe show I've senn lately & with the way the product is these days thats pretty high praise

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It seems the Ambrose story is true since a lot of places are reporting him leaving as fact. He can go back to the Jon Moxley character like he was back in CZW when people were calling him the modern Terry Funk instead of this Bane crap they're making him do. He'd definitely be a good opponent for Kenny Omega in AEW. Or bring in Sami Callihan to reunite Switchblade Conspiracy with Moxley and feud with the Young Bucks.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Wasnt it Dean we were talking about on the old BG board as the next Terry or was it someone else?. I also think Sami (& the other oVe guys) in AEW would be good signings. They're focusing heavily on the tag division so I heard so get as many good teams as possible. If Dustin comes in they could reunite the Rhodes brothers too.
5 gallons of coffee ready for mania going off this run time I think
Yea more like 20 gallons for Mania :olol: Will probably run 6 hours plus 2 hour pre show - 8 hours !. Last years ran 5 hr 10mins for the main show.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yes, when he came in people were excited since he was just like early 80s Terry Funk (the era with his great feud with Jerry Lawler) when he was in CZW. And they booked him well until after the Brock match. Then he became the idiot who talked to a potted plant.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Thanks I thought so. If AEW do bring Dean in, would be cool if they redid the Funk/Flair feud with Kenny.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

WWE just confirmed Ambrose leaving.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I watched the 2019 Royal Rumble. I wanted to do a full report of the show for your reading pleasure but after hour goddamn 2490532 of this 23432523512 hour ppv I had to stop writing and fast forward through boring shit. Some quick thoughts:

Becky Lynch is more over than Hitler in Germany in the late 1930's and is posssibly the best draw WWE has right now. Was FEELING that match Asuka, who also brought it. Very glad she won the rumble match.

Charlotte Flair was the MVP of the women's rumble and carried it from the time she was in until the ending - 40 minutes of great storytelling and she looked like the Queen the entire time she was in there. She made her father proud.

Rhea Ripley is *Money.*

Ronda/Banks was pretty great too. Clunky until the midway point but Banks is a superworker and kept it all together. Great stuff.

The rest of the PPV was ninety hours of poop with a rumble that almost rivals 1995 for being the most midcard-ish, lame rumble ever. God what a shitshow. Balor/Brock was ok but is being WAY overhyped considering it wasn't even a 10 minute match. The rest of the PPV ate all the asshole. Five hours for a goddamn non Wrestlemania PPV. Suck my dick.