WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Where they getting a lot of negative mainstream press about it? If so could have been like a similar situation to when people switched off like with the steroid trial. That or people are just pissed off with how lame the product is right now.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They got a harsh article in the Washington Post which was kind of a big deal. And John Oliver did two segments on them bashing their decision.

But I don't think it was what did the ratings in. The people bashing them weren't fans. I think people just want a good product and don't care about the rest since everyone knows WWE is scummy. And they aren't putting on good television so people are leaving. They can turn it around. And they'll have to because it's clear after last night AEW is really happening.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

OK thanks. They can turn it around but only if they make the product more watchable and have characters the fans can get behind. I would have done something like building Seth up to be the next guy and he's doing it for Roman so you get the fans behind him 100% and it's legit since they are buddies offscreen. Then with that fan support growing you put him against Brock and have him win at WrestleMania. Then you could have turned Dean then because he's jealous of the attention Seths getting. Then down the line hopefully Romans healthy enough to get back in the mix, even in just an enforcer type role for Seth v Dean. So that angle alone has a ton of mileage if it's done correctly.

Plus it's the real life type angles that bring viewers in and stuff like Spud pissing on robes etc is stuff that makes you want to change the channel. They've got thousands of hours of wrestling they can look through and "remix" to fit today. We've had the NBA do better WWE this year and you've got Manny and Yasiel heeling it up in Baseball. So when other sports are outdoing what you are then that's where you need to rethink it. The WWE most folks remember is either the OTT Rock & Wrestling era and the OTT MNW/Attitude Era. Now it just plods along and only when Nexus tore up the ring is the last real big WTF moment. Had they did that with the WCW Invasion that would have been like :oshocked: and make it seem legit.

Yea I hope AEW takes off the ground and makes WWE work harder again to put on better shows too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Meltzer said Charlotte wasn't injured, which is a miracle because I thought for sure she'd have a neck injury and broken ribs from that table botch. But I guess if your father was in a plane crash he calls no big deal you're pretty durable genetically.

He also said Vince was angry about how Rollins and Ambrose went.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I tried to watch and review that TLC PPV for you guys but it was seriously the same boring fucking overly choreographed mailed-in shit that I couldn't be bothered any longer and feel like I wasted three hours of my precious lifetime on nothing now. But yeah more Vince sure will save the tailspin right?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

https://www.wwe.com/videos/the-mcmahons ... ec-17-2018

Vince and co said they are going to listen to the fans, have different match-ups, new talent coming in etc.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:29 pm https://www.wwe.com/videos/the-mcmahons ... ec-17-2018

Vince and co said they are going to listen to the fans, have different match-ups, new talent coming in etc.
lol. And all they did was bring up some NXT people nobody even likes. Fuck this company.

And the show next week only has one match up they've never done before.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's a fresh start!

Same old shit happens.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Yes, folks, they actually wove into kayfabe that the show is awful and it’s their fault for it and then immediately decided the way to fix it was to have them continue running it but they just won’t argue amongst each other now. That this is the answer they came up with is both astounding and demoralizing in a way that nothing else possibly could be. It makes obvious what was already clear but at least possible to ignore previously: they don’t get it and they never will.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Fans who attended last night's RAW at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California were treated to almost 6 hours worth of red brand TV as WWE taped the Christmas Eve edition of RAW after the live show ended. Our correspondent noted that many fans started to leave the arena before the main event of the Christmas Eve tapings ended, which saw Seth Rollins take on Baron Corbin.
6 hours straight of 2018 Raw. That's torture.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Imagine sitting through almost 6 hours and then you get a Corbin match.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

6 hours of Raw...
Spoiler

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 am Imagine sitting through almost 6 hours and then you get a Corbin match.
They should have rioted.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

lol. And all they did was bring up some NXT people nobody even likes. Fuck this company.

And the show next week only has one match up they've never done before.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well TLC wasnt too bad I guess, just rather average in a lot of places. I did enjoy the mic picked up Graves insultingly calling was a surprise, not that he showed up as I expected that but I was expectkng him to be at full strenth a 'hipster' after the xmas cactus comment though that was rather amusing & clearly not meant to be there
Stroman showing up was no surprise, the only surprising thing about it was that he still had a sling on as I was expecting them to sell a 'mirricle' healing of some sort due to being the WWE's 'monster' nice to see so many guys get revenge on Corbin though which gave it a nice ending
The womens TLC was fairly decent, can really complain about it & for the WWE these days thats high praise really (which is really saying something)
dont remember a lot about the rest other than R Truth picking the holiday destination for laughs, it was not that amusing though considering I like most people are used to him doing that kind of thing.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

As was expected, ratings bounced back big last night for the return of Vince McMahon to Raw, and also dropped throughout the rest of the show.

The audience was up 16 percent from last week's record low of 2.19 million viewers, ending up at 2.55 million viewers, the best figure since September 17, the day after the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.

The first hour was strong, as expected, but actually below that of the November 12 and November 19 shows. The drop wasn't as bad as it could have been, and the third hour, with the women's gauntlet match, was the best hour three since October 22. It was not just the McMahon segment, but the lower level of drop than in many recent weeks that led to it beating everything in the last three months.

Still, men dropped heavier than usual from the second-to-third hour, with an 11 percent third hour drop in 18-49 and a 10 percent drop in 12-17. The female drops were ten percent in 18-49 and eight percent in 12-17, and traditionally women tune out late at a faster rate than men. The difference is likely the heavy third hour emphasis on women didn't keep them from turning off, but slowed down the drop.

The increase was both the post-PPV bump and the McMahon return. The increase was even with strong NFL competition as the New Orleans Saints vs. Carolina Panthers game did 13.01 million viewers, one of the best numbers of the season.

With taped holiday shows the next two weeks, ratings would be expected to do record lows, but after tonight, really, all ratings should be thrown out as far as meaning anything until January 7.

Raw was fifth for the night on cable, beating everything except three NFL-related shows on ESPN, as well as all news shows except Rachel Maddow on MSNBC (3.02 million viewers).

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.72 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.56 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.37 million viewers

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

There's talk about Shinsuke Nakamuras future as he's soon to be a free agent.

Dave says he's not going back to Japan although New Japan are interested in re-signing him. Would be real interesting if he goes to AEW plus he could shine there as he's not really clicking in WWE. His match against AJ for example wasn't the 5 * classic fans were expecting.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

His body is shot which was why he left. The New Japan style is too tough.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea that's true.I think 90s All Japan was even worse though with the Strong Style they worked.